Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Strange looking Mushroom/Fungus

68 degrees again when I left for my walk.
A cloudy morning and very still, no breeze at all.
Sunrise 6:29
Walked 6 miles

Just leaving the house I saw our doe Dolly and fawn Fiona.
Fiona is getting big and starting to lose her spots.
I just read that they lose their spots a hair at a time.

Saw a groundhog run across the road too.

Walked all around town.
Haven't walked up here at Park West for quite a while.
The building on the left has restrooms.
Quite a while ago they renovated them and today 
I peeked inside to see what they were like.  
Pleasantly surprised to see how nice and CLEAN they were
and glad that they are unlocked.
 The ones by the ball park are aways locked!



Up this way I saw another doe with 2 fawns.

Headed on over to the industrial park and walked around there
and saw another 2 deer.

Roger was out walking Andy and another man out walking his dog.

I was just getting back to the Jeep when Sheila pulled up in her
car to start her run.  We talked a bit and then saw Joy walking 
around too.

Mailbox Picture 12


📬    📬

Isn't this a strange looking mushroom or fungus?
To me it looks like a baked round loaf of bread - it even browned nicely.
It was big like a loaf of bread too.
Tried to find it on line but couldn't find anything that looked like it.


We went to Dollar General to pick up a few things first thing
after breakfast and stayed home the rest of the day.

A couple of our neighbor calves found a way out again but
stayed near and went back on their own.


David and Liz have a visitor this weekend, an old friend of David's
named Dave!  They stopped by the house to say hi.
I made some chocolate chip cookies for them.
Even though they are middle aged men they still like their cookies
and I still call them kids.

Started sewing the squares together on the baby blanket
and also read.
I'm reading a book on my Kindle called
Murder in the Monastery by a blogger friend, Victor.
It is really very good!!

It's been mostly a nice day with a couple short rain
showers thrown in the mix.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Saturday to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
 
Comment Replies:
MsBB - My blog title I've edited right into the picture.  So when I edit it I can put the title anywhere I want.

12 comments:

William Kendall said...

The calves are good company.

Tom said...

...I was out taking pictures today and saw some mushrooms that looked similar. Your neighbor sure has trouble keeping cattle fenced in. We are in our 70s and the lady down the road calls us kids!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

You must be in the best of health with all the walking!

Vee said...

Oh, yes, the kids are always kids. The mushroom does look like a food offering...a giant cookie or a yummy roll.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my! That mushroom does look like a loaf of bread. Hope no one tries to eat it, just in case it’s poisonous.

ellen b. said...

That mushroom really does look like something baked. I like that mailbox. The red white and blue decor on it stand out nicely. Those naughty cows! Cookies are a great treat at any age!

eileeninmd said...

That is a neat looking mushroom. I am glad the calves went back on it's own.
The cookies are a yummy treat. Love the mailbox decorations. Take care, have a happy new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Strange looking mushroom.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

That is a strange looking mushroom! Our kids will always be our kids!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Clean rest rooms!!!

That Red White And Blue mailbox, I love!!!!!

That is some mushroom!!! Fantastic!!!! Maybe as reader will know what it is!!!

Calves out. Perhaps it is a hole, just their size.....

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Hootin Anni said...

The 'shroom reminds me of pita bread. What a magnificent find.
This is a nice looking mailbox today. Almost Texan (with the lone star), but very patriotic ... Nice!!

Lowcarb team member said...

That mushroom is unusual.
Pleased you are enjoying Victors book.

All the best Jan