Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 13, 2021

A Tricycle

68 degrees this morning when walking.
A mix of sun and clouds,
and a slight breeze.
Walked 6 miles

Once again I walked all over town and the time flew by.


No geese met me at the parking lot and didn't see any of the bulls.
They could have been in the barn but I couldn't see in.

Lisa was out running as well as Rebecca.
The man walking his dog was out again.
(he's become a regular now)
Joy was out too. 
I stopped to introduce myself
to the friendly woman walker and we had a nice little chat.
Nice to be able to refer to her as Margaret instead of the friendly walker! 

I liked this little tricycle sitting out for the garbage.
Thought about going back for it in the jeep but didn't.
Just something else I don't really need, but I sure do like it.
I remember my tricycle when I was little.  It was maroon and I loved it!!
Maybe someone else will pick this one up.


Mailbox Picture Number 11

This is the only mailbox I've come across with a bunch of fake
flowers around it.  They don't have to worry about watering them.


We made 2 trips to the quarry for more loads of crush and run
and spread it along David's driveway.
The driveway is much improved.

Watched a dump truck get a load of crush and run while waiting for our turn. 
 One bucket load from that piece of equipment filled the truck up.
Just a mere quarter was enough to fill our little trailer with 2 tons.


The stone here is coming out of the crusher.


We've been keeping an eye on the growing wasp nest and it's
getting pretty big.  The wasps aren't bothering us and the nest it not
close to the house so we're just letting it go.


Did a bit of reading. 
Have all 70 of the weave-it squares made for the next baby blanket.
Just have to put them in some kind of a pattern and sew it together.
Will get started on that later this evening.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your Friday was a happy one. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Anni - yes, a red jeep, red pick-up, and the tractor is a Kubota and they are orange.

GrannyM - The flowers were sunflowers on yesterdays mailbox. 🌻

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

If the wasp nest is far off from the house it's best to let it be.

Tom said...

...I found a tricycle like this and cut it up and make a wheel hoe to cultivate my garden. that's a might big loader to load a pickup. I haven't seen a wasp nest this year, perhaps I'm not looking up!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Cute little tricycle. I remember mine too. My kids had all kinds of riding toys, but none of them had a little red tricycle like that. We have a little wasps nest in our backyard, because the wasps like the nectar I make for the hummingbirds. Like you, we are just letting the wasps be for now. They aren't bothering us. We will remove the next come winter. Wasps and bees are beneficial to flowers and plants. Have a good weekend. See you again soon.

Vee said...

That tricycle is darling. And the wasp nest? Huge!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I’m sure you could have made a lovely display with the tricycle.

Debi said...

Sixty eight degrees sounds heavenly! It's been unbearably hot and humid here for the past couple of weeks.Love the little tricycle. I don't remember mine but I do remember the two wheeler that I got when I was ten! Have a great weekend!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

It's bad when we all start coveting your cool weather!

Unknown said...

I hope someone snags that trike. It's too cute to end up in the landfill. All it needs it a fresh coat of paint and some little kid will love it.

Hootin Anni said...

I can't remember that I had a tricycle, but I do remember my first bike...blue. LOL

Around here artificial flowers would be faded/rotted by the week's end.

You do keep busy!! Thanks for introducing us to Margaret. Stay clear of that wasp nest!!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I had a tricycle like that.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I had a small Tricycle when I was very young- it had a bell on the handle and it was red- I use to pretend it was a Tractor and I'd plough the grass. Stay well there Karen & Ken. Cheers. KEV.

ellen b. said...

Whoa! That is quite the wasp nest. Glad it's not close to your house. This has been a mild wasp and yellowjacket year for us here. It's kind of nice to not be swatting and running. :) That is a cute little tricycle! Crush really improves a driveway for sure!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

NEW Header!!!!!

-clapping hands-

Btw, I can tell you how to center your blog name in your header, if you so wish.

Just sayin'....

Good to keep an eye on that wasp nest. Just in case... It comes to "Us or Them"! -smile-

Mail box with no-need-to-water-flowers. -grin- And really love the little flag, in it.

🍂 🍁 🌻 🌰 🌻 🍁 🍂

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh yes, hope someone takes the "trike" home, and either cleans it up for use. Or for decoration.

But pleased you did not, just to "have it." If you had a plan, that would be cool. But it is very wise, not to just take-it-for-some-day. -smile-

🍂 🍁 🌻 🌰 🌻 🍁 🍂

Inger said...

What a lovely post. I enjoyed reading and looking at the different things that happened during your day. I remember those wasp nests from my childhood, but I've never seen one since. And here I live in the country, there should be some around.

Jeanette said...

We had a huge bald faced hornet nest in our pine tree in front of our house last summer. It was pretty high up and they came to it and left from the opposite side of our house. We did a little research and they did have some benefit to the environment so we just left it. It was fine and we never saw them unless we walked around the pine tree to look.

Granny Marigold said...

We still have the tricycle that our kids rode and even all the grands rode as well. It's looking a little worse for wear but it's a keeper. A neighbour has a tricycle that he painted turquoise and set in his yard as an ornament. It's kind of cute.

Rose said...

That is a big hornet's nest!