Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 23, 2021

Dish Towels

 A nice cool walk this morning at 52 degrees, sunny and calm.
It brought a good many people out early this morning.
Lisa and Sheila were the runners.
Walkers were, Joy, Wayne, the woman who is now friendly,
(will have to find out her name), the woman who walks her dog,
 and of course me.

This road is behind our house when we lived in town.


Walked all over town, the ball park, and cemeteries.
I've said before I walk the same places but the order gets
scrambled up for a random walk.

The giant caterpillars are coming to town!!!
These rolled and covered hay bales always remind me of giant caterpillars.


Saw a couple of rabbits, ground hogs, and chipmunks but no deer.

Those new socks I bought for walking yesterday are surprisingly terrific.
I wouldn't think that a pair of socks could make such a difference.
Walking in these socks make my already comfortable shoes even better.
The are Bombas Socks.  According to package my size should have been
medium but got a large because that was all they had.  The large size
is perfect for me.  
The are pricy at $12 a pair but worth every penny.
They say that the most asked for article of clothing in homeless
shelters are socks.  With that in mind
each pair of Bombas socks purchased, a pair is donated to a homeless shelter.

Walked 6 miles

Today's Door


🌤    🚶‍♀️    🌺

Finished up the rest of my house cleaning this morning and
then made some English Muffin Loaves as requested by Ken.

He made us nachos for lunch.  😀

A little chipmunk plays peek a boo with me at the edge of
our driveway.  Can you spot him?


I have three old dish towels that were my Gramma Green's.
They have been sitting in the drawer because I didn't want to use
them and wear them out.
I thought that is just plain silly so I have been using them.
That is what Gramma would have wanted and now when I dry
the dishes using them I think of her. 😀


Even though David liked the hat I'm still not happy with it.
Started knitting it again and this time went down another
size in needles and using different yarn.
Ken picked out the yarn so I'm making this hat for him.
Hopefully all goes well.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your Friday was a happy one. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

14 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sure your Gramma would be pleased to know that you're using those tea towels.
I did spy the cute little chipmunk. I see lots of squirrels around here but no chipmunks. I wonder of they don't live in this part of the country!!

Kim said...

Awww, the chipmunk is so cute! I think if those socks last a lot longer then you will get your money's worth and you won't have to buy socks for awhile. I made that chocolate cake you mentioned the other day. It's so good! I had no idea it was on the cocoa canister! I wonder if that boiling water at the end is what makes it so magical?

Love the door series!

Tom said...

...Karen, you are coming up with some great doors!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I will now be checking out those socks. Sounds interesting .

CousinCathy said...

Hi Karen, Great post today with the chipmunk etc but I especially liked you telling us about towels that belonged to Gramma Green!! Yes, I think she would be smiling down from Heaven knowing that you are using them.
I have a tile trivet/hot plate that Grandpop Green made. It still has an address label of his on the back. As I have mentioned I have an afghan that she made that looks similar to one that you have posted on your blog. Also some other things from my mother's china closet that belonged to my other grandmother Mimi too.
Have a Blessed Day! Cousin Cathy

Lisa said...

I have dishtowels put away because I don’t want to get them stained or worn out but what good are they stuffed in a drawer? So, I have began using them.

Lisa

Martha said...

Another great walk and glad you had some friends out there to chat with or at least wave to along the way. It took me a minute but I did spot the little chipmunk playing peek a boo, so cute! I'm so glad you are using your grandmother's towels. Using them and thinking of her every time you do is much more special then preserving them. She definitely would have wanted you to. Have a wonderful weekend Karen. :)

eileeninmd said...

Pretty images, I love the cool door. Another great find.
The socks sound wonderful. I think your grandmother would be happy to know you are using her dish towels. Take care, have a great weekend!

Jeanette said...

I hear Bombas socks advertised all the time but always thought they were too pricy! Your good review makes me want to splurge for at least one pair.

Debi said...

Such a pretty walk today! I used love watching chipmunks' antics, now they annoy me because they are digging holes everywhere, including in my potted plants! Have a great weekend!

ellen b. said...

I'm glad you are using those great kitchen towels. I'm not impressed with many of the newish ones that aren't really great for drying. I do see that little chipmunk. Cool old door.

Bill said...

Good comfortable socks are nice to have, fortunately my wife makes socks for both of us and hats too. We both have a pretty nice collection. I found the little critter poking his head out surveying the area. Have a wonderful day.

William Kendall said...

Took me a moment to find the munk.

susan q said...

I see chipmunks on my walk as well. Their antics remind me of Chip and Dale♥ Am curious of the hat pattern you are knitting. May consider Bombas socks. Glad the company donates to homeless shelters. Thanks again for sharing your walking adventure.