Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 11, 2021

No Cars

It rained over night but when I walked this morning 
it was just cloudy, 62 degrees, and calm.
Looked like rain though so took along my umbrella just in case,
but never needed it.

Today I walked the Farm Loop.



Nice that I can walk down the center of the road for almost 2 miles
and never encounter a car.


Still had a couple of miles to walk when I got back to town,
so went around the Ball Park and the lower cemetery.
At the cemetery I ran into Lena 
(Rebecca's mom and Farmer Marvin's sister)
and we stopped for a chat.

Didn't see any animals this time but sure did smell a skunk.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🚶‍♀️    🙂    ☁️

Made another trip to the Home Depot in Uniontown, Pa this morning. 
We drove in and out of rain showers, there and back.

Worked on making some more weave-it squares for June's
baby blanket.  Blankets for Babies is next Thursday and I'd
like to have it done by then.

Changed a few things around in the house - nothing big.
I get tired of looking at the same things in the same place so
like to move things around a bit.

Always nice to get a little reading time in too during the day.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️


Comment Replies:
Anni - Tom and GrannyM identified yesterday's pink flowers as Pink Columbine.

16 comments:

Michelle said...

I like changing up things in the house. I am always thinking of small ways to make it work better.

Inger said...

An early morning walk for sure makes for a lovely day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Beautiful pictures of the farm loop. So nice that you can walk and not encounter even one car. Such a beautiful day for you. Have a good weekend and I will see you again soon. :-)

Martha said...

Beautiful photos as always. I love that you can walk down the middle of the road and not encounter any cars. I should take a video on the days I walk to the beach and back instead of on the beach, I'm dodging cars every second along the way. Have a great weekend! :)

Tom said...

...the red barn is a gorgeous sight! I hope that you will have a wonderful weekend.

Hill Top Post said...

Everything looks so fresh and clean after the rain. I love the picture with the red barn. My walk is quite different here. The cattle have been hanging around in shady places where I walk, so I have to watch my every step.

Unknown said...

Loved all three of those pictures.

Hootin Anni said...

Thanks for the flower ID. I thought it looked like a Columbine, but don't recall ever seeing a PINK one.

My favorite photo today is the red Barn!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have such nice places to walk to. Enjoy. Thanx for your daily walks share.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photo, the third one is my favorite. I love the pretty pink flowers.
We had rain all day yesterday, it is cloudy this morning.
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Bill said...

Another nice walk completed. Wonderful photos, love seeing them.

Kim said...

It's so nice that you get out every day in the fresh air. Beautiful walk. No cars for 2 miles sounds heavenly! Love the red barn! Happy Saturday!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures. It would be nice to walk where you don't have to worry about traffic.

Connie said...

Being able to walk two miles without seeing a car is pretty amazing. I don't know if I could drive two miles and not see one, and driving is a much shorter time span. It's so nice that your walks can be that peaceful without the noise of traffic.

William Kendall said...

Lovely views!

ellen b. said...

I would never be able to walk down the center of our street. Nice to have a good walking area without a lot of cars! Sounds like a good day!