Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 28, 2021

A walk and a paddle

 This morning when I walked it was 66 degrees and sunny.
Walked all around town.

My shadow walked along with me.
Didn't see anyone else out walking this morning.


I walked from one welcome to town sign coming into town 
 to the other welcome to town sign down the other end.
It was 1.3 miles.
Coming into town heading south this sign greets you.


Coming into town heading north this welcomes you to town.


Went down to see the bulls and there are now 4 of them there.

Some hay wagons are stacked nice and neatly.
Then there are some like this, that the hay is just thrown in any old way.



Walked my usual 6 miles

☀️    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️    ๐Ÿ˜€

After breakfast and I got the sheets hung out on the line
we decided to go to Savage River Reservoir 
for a morning of paddling in our kayaks.

The water was very calm and it was so peaceful paddling along
near the shore line.
This is the only picture I took.
Just wanted to enjoy the scenery without having to take pictures.
Besides I didn't want to take a chance of dropping my phone in the water.


We saw deer, geese, some kind of huge bird flying past,
and a few fish jumping up from the water.
There were quite a few cicadas floating around still alive
but not being able to fly out of the water.

The nice thing about kayaking here is that so few people go here.
Today we didn't see anyone else at all.

It was hard to get any work done once I got home but somehow I
got the motivation to clean our bedroom and the bathroom.

Then for a little sitting on the front porch knitting till supper time.

A gentle rain is now falling as I write this post.

Life is Good
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

20 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

What a lovely and peaceful way to spend the afternoon! Thankfully you got one great picture.

Michelle said...

I've been starting my mornings with a walk, since school has been out for summer. It is the best way to start the day!

Hootin Anni said...

How beautiful your kayaking musta been!!

Tom said...

...I love the kayak pictures, it looks so cooling on this 92F day!

William Kendall said...

How many comments must there be about the town name.

Martha said...

I've always loved all the beautiful photos of your town, but what an odd name! Do you know how the town got it's name? It looks and sounds like a perfect day. You sure do manage to pack a lot into one day!

Granny Marigold said...

It must have been lovely kayaking and having the reservoir all to yourselves.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Kayaking looks so lovely and peaceful. So glad you had such a nice day. See you again tomorrow. :-)

Unknown said...

I've never heard of Accident, Maryland. There has to be a story as to how it got it's name. It sure is a pretty little town though, judging by all the pictures you've shown on your blog.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely river scene. Thank you.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the shadow shot. Pretty view from the kayak, looks like a peaceful spot. Sounds like a great day! Have a happy day!

Hootin Anni said...

This morning I had to Google 'Accident' MD. Found this article very interesting.

https://digital.whilbr.org/digital/collection/p16715coll6

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos. Looks so peaceful. Have a beautiful day.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Jeanette said...

I love to kayak but rarely get my husband to go with me! Looks like a good place to go!

ellen b. said...

You make the best use of your time! What an interesting name for a city. Love the looks of that kayak photo!!

Bill said...

A nice relaxing day on the river. Funny name for a town, maybe it was an accident. :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice to get out in the water! Looks beautiful. Have a good day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I can help but comment on Accident too! I think I'll search it to read more about it!

Kim said...

Such an interesting town name! Lovely kayaking area. Y'all are blessed!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sounds like a perfect day.