Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

A quiet walk, on the porch, and a thunder storm

 This morning when I walked it was 68 degrees, sunny
with a bit of a breeze.

Walked around the cemeteries, town, and ball park.
Didn't see anyone else out walking when I was.

A few pictures along my way.




Pretty quiet around town this morning - almost seemed like a 
Saturday morning.

Walked 6 miles

This lavender is on the edge of the parking lot at the library.


☀️    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️    ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ken's tractor had a hydraulic hose break on it so he loaded the tractor
onto the trailer and we drove it in to the tractor store to have it fixed.
We left it there because it will take up to 3 weeks to get it fixed.

Finished up another wash/dish cloth this afternoon.
I knitted 4 different patterns to make a set of them for Liz.

David and Liz stopped mid afternoon after work and we sat 
out on the porch for a while and talked and 
watched the sky get very dark, and then it got windy.
They left and then came the thunder and the rain.

By the time we ate supper the sun was shining again.

That's all I've got for today.
Hope your day was a good one.
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️
๐Ÿ™‚

19 comments:

Tom said...

...wow, three weeks for a hose? We had a nice rain the lasted about 10 minutes, I hope that we will get more.

Hootin Anni said...

That first photo with the red barn and steer (bull-cow) is awesome! Love the pretty flowers. That seems like a long time for repair work...guess it's common tho since the pandemic

Kim said...

Love that sign someone put up! We just had some storms come through with some scary clouds. Hoping that's all we'll get this evening. Hubs and I had to haul tail to get everything in from him working on the front porch. It just came up so suddenly! I hate those kinds of storms. Give me gentle storms, please!

That lavender is lovely, as was your route. Glad it was such a peaceful walk! Happy Wednesday!

Henny Penny said...

I love sitting on the porch and even as scared of a thunderstorm as I am, I like to hear thunder off in the distance and watch the lightning. Once it getss close though, I'm inside. Lavender is so pretty. I've tried to grow it but have no luck.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hello from Idaho, and came in from Tom. Sound like you had a lovely walk.
If you have time stop in for cup of coffee

Vee said...

It sounds very pleasant to sit out on the porch watching a storm come in. Hope that David and Liz made it to Happy Trails before the storm came. Hope that some of your cooler weather makes it up here.

Martha said...

Sounds like another great day! Glad you had some company before the storm. We've been getting rain every day now which has been much needed. Have a great evening. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like the sign that says, this is a neighbourhood and not a race track. i could think of a few areas around my town that need that.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that lavender. We have had some rain here too. Much needed. See you again tomorrow.

eileeninmd said...

Another great day! I love the flowers! We had a thunderstorm last night, maybe more rain today? Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I wish our lavender would flower like yours.

God bless.

Aritha V. said...

I love the lavender. Very nice.

Bill said...

The lavender looks very pretty.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Sitting on the porch and watching the weather change.... Sounds delightful..

Yet another question... I know! I am a bottomless pit of questions! -grin-

Do you need Cutter or some flying-insect-spray on.. Outside? On the porch, as well as other outdoor activities?

You would if you were me! Even if there wasn't a flying biting insect, anywhere, in the whole county! If it were me, they would come and get me! >,-((((

Thank you...
๐ŸŽ€ ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŽ€

ellen b. said...

Hope David and Liz made it to the cabin without getting soaked. 3 weeks to repair the tractor. You'll be happy to get it back.

Granny Marigold said...

It's lovely that David and Liz can drop by for a little visit quite often. It's one of the things I really like about our situation here with all 5 kids living within a 5 mile radius. In an hour they will all descend with their significant others and we'll celebrate Canada Day with a family BBQ.

William Kendall said...

The lavender is pretty.

R's Rue said...

The lavender is beautiful. Lovely captures as always.

Lowcarb team member said...

That lavender looks lovely.

All the best Jan