Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Saturday

 Once again it was a sunny morning walk for me
with a temperature of 61 degrees.
Sunrise - 5:56
Sunset - 8:32

Driving to town there were 5 deer standing on the side of the road.
They all watched me as I slowly drove past.

Walked around both of the cemeteries, town, and the ball park.

After I took this picture a Blue bird flew out of the bird house.


Walked down to see the bulls and then saw the horse start
to walk over my way so stopped and waited for her to get to me.
I'm sure she was disappointed when she realized I had nothing for her to eat.


This next picture of a geese family out walking in the middle of the pasture
made me smile.  You will probably have to enlarge the picture to see them.
Mom in front, then the 5 little ones, with dad following behind.


Walking around the ball park loop I saw Rebecca and a young
woman who I've never seen before.

Big event going on over at the town pond.
The Annual Fishing Rodeo.
When I arrived back at the parking lot it was packed full
and lots of people around the lake fishing.
I think they give out prizes at the end.


Walked 6 miles

☀️    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️   ๐Ÿ™‚

Went outside and puttered about since it was so nice out.
A lot of clouds around today but still a beautiful day.

The picture on the left is the Bugleweed we planted last year.
It came back again this year and is doing well.
Picture on right is my little veggie garden.
Bottom picture is Wisteria which our friend Dennis gave us.
It didn't look like more than a few sticks when we planted it almost 3 years ago
but it is doing great. Hope to have it growing all along the fence.
It still hasn't flowered yet - hopefully next year.

We went out for a little ride and had our lunch in a little turn
off by the lake.


That's it for today.
A happy Saturday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️
๐Ÿ™‚
Comment Replies:
Ms BB - My walking stick is not so much for balance but to keep away stray dogs if I run into one! Don't usually take it with me when I'm walking just in town.  I do take my stick with me though when hiking in the woods which is great for walking on the uneven surface.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...you live in paradise.

Debi said...

Another nice walk. How disappointed that poor horse looked.. she (he?) must have been hoping for a carrot or some sugar cubes! Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

That looks like a sweet horse. You'll have to start walking with a carrot in your pocket :)

Martha said...

Another lovely walk. I think maybe you should start carrying treats. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You get to see so many interesting things by walking every day! And you live in a beautiful part of the country too. Enjoy your weekend!

Granny Marigold said...

Sitting and enjoying your lunch while taking in the view of the lake would be delightful.

ellen b. said...

You probably could have sold your parking spot to a later arrival to fish! :) Love the photo of the horse coming over to you for a treat. Glad those plants are getting established nicely.

Hill Top Post said...

Such a pretty place for eating out! I always carry a stick just in case I need to whack something.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I always enjoy seeing the deer, mostly they are running away from us.
The horse is so cute. You have lovely views of the countryside and the lake.
Happy Sunday, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a beautiful horse.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Lovely photos. The Fishing about the Lake looks very interesting- wonder what type of fish they'l be catching. Winter is a week away here- we're already well rugged up - although the days are still rather sunny and no clouds about. Have a great day there. Cheers. KEV.

Vee said...

A carrot or even a piece of carrot would earn you another friend. ๐Ÿฅ•

Always busy and the good thing is that you can see the fruits of your labors. Wisteria all over that fence will be beautiful and smell heavenly. Soon enough, you'll be eating from your garden. How do you keep the deer from eating in your garden?

Bill said...

The horse is beautiful. Your Bugleweed and garden are looking good.
Our sunrise today was at 5:15 and sunset will be at 9:44.
Enjoy your day!

Inger said...

Such a lovely post, describing a lovely day.

William Kendall said...

You'll have to have a carrot with you for the horse.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful walk as usual! That horse does look disappointed, doesn't he? My husband and I often will take a drive to a lake and have lunch. It's so nice to just sit there and look at the water!

Lowcarb team member said...

Another very nice walk.
The horse looks a little disappointed you didn't have a carrot in your pocket!

All the best Jan