Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 01, 2021

Outside

 31 degrees this morning and thankfully no wind.
Nice to be walking in lots of sunshine.

Walked all over town, the cemeteries and the ball park.

Roger out walking Andy and Rebecca out walking Leo.

Can't tell from the picture but there are two Robins enjoying
some time in the far puddle.


Me and my shadow walking down from the cemetery.


Got a kick out of the bull lying down looking like he's chewing on
a piece of straw.  He just needs a straw hat.


Some pretty violets growing under a bench.


A delightful morning for walking.
Walked 6 miles

☀️    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️    ๐ŸŒท

The sun continued to shine all day and warmed up to 60.

๐ŸƒWe spent a good part of the day outside around Happy Trails. ๐ŸŒพ
We worked on clearing a walking path and a wider one for the ATV.
Added more deadfall to the fence along the property line way up in the back.

When we got tired of doing that we went driving around the trails
in the ATV.  
How fortunate we are to live in our own park.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you enjoyed your Saturday.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️
๐Ÿ™‚

In a forest of a hundred thousand trees, no two leaves are alike.
And no two journeys along the same path are alike.
- Paulo Coelho -

21 comments:

Martha said...

It's hard for me to imagine 31 degrees in the morning at this time of year. Here in Florida, it's rare to get that cold even in the middle of winter! I love your shadow shot. That's what I always do if something I'm joining in on blogs or Instagram says to post a selfie lol. You are definitely lucky to live in your own park. I had some acreage in north Florida back in the 90s and now I'm sorry I sold it. It would have been perfect for this stage of my life.

Tom said...

...the robins are visible if you enlarge the picture! My how tall you are!!! There seem to be a lot of volets here this year. Enjoy your weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You and Ken are so blessed to live in such a beautiful place. See you again tomorrow.

ellen b. said...

How very nice indeed to live on your own park and to enjoy it. Sun has been shining here with warm temps all week. Our Farmer's market opened for the season today. That's always fun. Happy May to you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sunshine just makes the world seem so much more alive. Yes, you really do live in your own park.

Rose said...

Oh, I love how tall your shadow is! I don't know why, but always love long shadows...makes me look skinnier for one thing. When I opened the photo in a new tab, I could see the robins.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Pretty images, I like the shadow shot and the cattle. I am glad the wind is gone, my eyes felt bad out in the wind. Happy Sunday, wishing you a great new week!

Hootin Anni said...

The quote is perfect for your blog...you prove that each day!!

As always great photos. My favorite today is your shadow shot ...a fun one!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Me and my shadow walking down from the cemetery.

I never realised how tall you are.

God bless.

Inger said...

There's a gorgeous light in your photos. A beautiful morning, indeed.

Debi said...

Love the shadow photo!

Bill said...

Wonderful photos of a nice sunny day. Cool shadow shot.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You must have been hummmming..."Oh what a beautiful morning...."

Sun stayed out all Sat. here too! For youngest Grand's Birthday.

Yes, you are so lucky to have your own park, right near by.

๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒทBlogs are little First Amendment machines๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท

William Kendall said...

That's a long shadow.

Granny Marigold said...

Great pictures. You're so right, you really do live in your own personal park.

The Furry Gnome said...

That looks like a delightful day for walking!

Happy@Home said...

My what long legs you have. :)
You do live in a lovely area and you both seem to do a good job of getting out there and enjoying it.

KEV. Robertson. said...

John Denver - 'Sunshine' has always been one of my all time favorite songs and always makes me happy to hear it. Have a great week there Karen. Regards. KEV.

Jeanette said...

When the son is shining and the wind isn't blowing too hard it sure makes for a pleasant walk. I love walking all over but the wind blowing in my face is a pet peeve of mine so I usually won't walk outside if it's too windy!

Henny Penny said...

31 degrees sounds cold but it also sounds like a perfect walk. The colors are so pretty. I really like that bull with a straw in its mouth. My fence needs work. I need to work on it for a day or two.

Rose said...

I am saying a prayer that nothing is wrong...so unusual for you to not post without telling us you are taking a blogbreak.