Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 10, 2021

Misty

Yesterday I walked in drizzly rain, this morning it was a misty morning.
35 degrees and calm.

First walked over to the library and dropped a DVD down the slot.
We just finished the whole series of Cheers.

Walked through town and over to the industrial park and walked
around there.


 Back to town and around the ball park once.
Walked passed our old house in town and then back to the jeep and home.

Ran into the woman again from last week who was looking
for the owner of a stray dog.
I asked her if she ever found the owners.
Dog and owners had a happy reunion about an hour later. 😃

You all know I don't mind walking in the rain but I must
say it sure would be nice to have a sunny walk again.
Walked 6 miles

☁️    🌧    ☁️

Had a nice Mother's Day yesterday.
David and Liz stopped by and gave me a beautiful card
 and a box of my favorite candy, Junior Mints.
Don't think I can live up to the card but it is sure a blessing having
a son who thinks I do.


Late morning the sun popped out and though it stayed on the cool side 
it was nice to see the sun.

Got a lot of May's baby blanket sewn up and should finished it
this evening.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Monday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂

17 comments:

Tom said...

...it's good to hear that you had a nice Mother's Day!

Rose said...

I can understand wanting to walk in sunshine once again.
we just like a little change. I will trust David's judgement..

Martha said...

I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day and glad you had a bit of sunshine today. That's a beautiful card, what a sweet son you have. :)

ellen b. said...

Ahh, sweet card. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day!

Granny Marigold said...

That is such a sweet Mother's Day card. I've never tried Junior Mints. I think maybe I've been missing out.
You're really ahead of yourself if you're almost finished the May baby blanket!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is a lovely card from David, and I think it perfectly describes you. I like Junior Mints too. ;-) Sounds like a nice day, even with the rain. See you again tomorrow.

Carol W. said...

Your son gave you a beautiful card! 💗 Junior Mints are one of my favorite candies too. I applaud your walking 6 miles every day, great for your health. God bless you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is humbling when a child gives a card like that. I’m sure you are a wonderful Mom.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Cheers was such a wonderful series.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
What a lovely Mother's Day card! I am glad you had a great day!
Junior mints were one of my favorite candies too.
Take care, have a happy day!

Inger said...

I so enjoy your morning walks. And how I would love to walk in the rain, not likely here for a very long time. I almost wrote (or forever, but that just can't be).Have a great day.

Jeanette said...

Sounds like a nice Mother's Day. Junior Mints are right up there in my top favorite candies!

Hootin Anni said...

First off, I've been meaning to tell you I love the bright blue Link color you chose for your blog. It's pretty against the darker blue background.
I used to eat Jr. Mints all the time, but stopped anything with caffeine.
Loved CHEERS!

Beautiful card. You're blessed.

Aritha V. said...

I love to walk in the rain. It s good.
Have a nice week.

Bill said...

It's great that the dog was reunited with his human. Junior Mints, I haven't thought about them for years, they used to be one of my favorites along with raisinets.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely card, pleased you had a nice Mothers Day.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

A moody shot.