Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

A sunny walk and lilacs

35 degrees this morning when I walked but there was no wind
and the sun was shining during all of my walk.
It was simply delightful.
It was the only part of the day that the sun was out!!!
Sunrise - 6:05
Sunset - 8:21


It was the usual walk around town, the cemeteries and the ball park.
Surprised not to see anyone out walking!


All the lilacs in town are blooming and the fragrance is heavenly.
I've seen three different colors along my walk.
The usual light lavender which is my favorite, deep pink, and white.
It may be my imagination but I think the lavender has the strongest smell.
I stopped to smell each one.


Next years dandelions


Neither the horse or the bulls were interested in getting their picture taken,
but looked to be enjoying eating.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    🚶‍♀️    ☀️

We went to the Shop and Save and did the food shopping.
Stopped at the library and picked up the next season of Wings to watch.

Finished sewing the last strip on Mays Baby Blanket.
Now for a week or so I'll be making squares for the yellow gingham
bedspread I'm making for our bed.
I work on that in between baby blankets.

Got a little bit of work around the house done and then read.
  Reading  A Dance with Dragons - book 5 in the 
Game of Throne series.  Love this series!!!

Our usual ice cream wasn't on sale but Edy's was so we got some.
Looking forward to the flavor I chose - Double Fudge Brownie.

Hope your Tuesday was a happy one.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂

18 comments:

susan q said...

Love the lilac pics. Can't wait to see your gingham blanket. I'll be it will be very warm when it is finished. No frost here in south central PA but 39 degrees at night. Glad it's not hot yet. Thanks for sharing.

Tom said...

...it looks GREAT in your neck of the woods. Those may be next months dandelions too!

Aging With Faith And Hope said...

I love all of your photos. Thank you for sharing your walks with us. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your crafts. Especially the bedspread!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is a beautiful baby blanket, Karen. I remember when you so kindly made one of your weave it baby blankets for my little granddaughter, Maddie, who is almost Five now! Wow the years go by. I love lilacs too and was able to find a dwarf lilac bush to go in the whiskey barrel planter Charly gave me for Mother's Day. Glad you had a good day. I will see you again tomorrow!

Martha said...

I would have stopped to smell all the lilacs too, and they are beautiful. Glad you had a pleasant walk today and get lots done besides. I can't wait to see the bedspread you're making!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

William Kendall said...

Lilacs here come later in the month.

Rose said...

I love the smell of lilacs...can almost imagine it. I always love shots that include the view aboe the lilacks.

Connie said...

Thanks for asking me about the date on my rhubarb. I'm so glad you caught that . . . a senior moment. Should have been 5/11/21.
Now I have a question for you. Why is that called Accident Community Pond. Sounds like there should be a story behind that :)

Granny Marigold said...

Until Connie mentioned it I hadn't even noticed that sign so I'll be looking for your answer. I'm so glad you caught that mislabeled date on Connie's rhubarb sauce. I really wondered about when I saw it.
Lilacs are so pretty and the scent is heavenly. We have a regular coloured one and a very dark purple too. Now my DIL has planted a white one and another one called Bloomerang which is a much smaller bush but loaded with flowers.

ellen b. said...

Oh how wonderful to enjoy the scent of the lilacs on your walk. Lavender colored ones are my favorite, too. We have quite a crop of dandelions this year!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful flowers. Very cheerful.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

We don't have lilacs here...too hot. Aren't they pretty? I like WINGS too. I look forward to seeing your bed covering when it's time to share.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty view of the pond and I love the lilacs.
The double fudge ice cream sounds great, yum!
Take care, have a happy day!

Bill said...

It's nice to see all those pretty flowers.

Ruth Hiebert said...

THat mist hanging over the pond is so beautiful .

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful flowers.

All the best Jan

Carol W. said...

It looks so nice & cool there. Today is our first day of 100 degrees (I live in Phoenix AZ)! Double fudge brownie ice cream sounds so good! God bless you!