Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 08, 2021

Boots still around

A nice warm 51 degrees this morning for walking.
Sunny too and no wind. 

Walking around the cemetery at the top of the hill I noticed
those boots have moved yet again.
This time to a corner post at the back of the cemetery.


After walking around both cemeteries went over to the ball park
and walked around there a couple of time.
From there walked around town and back to the Jeep and home.

Kids left their mark playing by the ball field.


I wish they had left a bit of chalk around because I would have
made a decent hopscotch!
Yes, I did jump in the squares. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ


Rebecca was out walking Leo and Ruth Ann out walking her dogs too.
A woman I see once in a while was out walking and was stopped
up ahead of me.  As I passed her, saw she was texting and she said
with a smile - I keep telling my husband I'm trying to walk but he
keeps texting me.

Walked 6 miles

๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️

This morning I put boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the slow cooker
and then put some salsa on top and cooked the chicken all day.
Then shredded the chicken and made wraps with
lettuce, cheddar, sour cream, and Quesadilla Sauce for supper.


A bird keeps trying to build a nest on top of the downspout in the corner of the deck out back. I keep knocking it down and she keeps building it again. The reason I keep knocking it down is because it is very near my clothes line and I've had to rewash a few things. Ken solved the problem by blocking it up with a piece of red aluminum scrap left over from the house.  As you can see I still need to clean it up a bit.


Two deer spent a few hours resting along the natural fence.
One looks pretty fat and we are hoping she sill have her fawn near the house.
Then just about suppertime another deer came and spent some time
under the arched bridge out back.
We think it is Dolly - she was the one who used to sleep there last year.



Here are a few weave-it squares I've finished for Aprils baby blanket.
Lime Green
Pale Yellow 
and the funny named color of Super Duper Yellow.
These colors remind me of Easter Eggs


Hope you had a super duper day.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

The deer seem to like that bridge.

Birds used to do the same thing around the end of a clothesline at the house where I grew up. My mother just gave up and let them do it, and would hang drying clothes in the basement lines instead for a few weeks.

Rose said...

Well, our second shot was done today and I am glad it is over...I have sewed some, and picked out more pairs of fabric...so yes, a good day so far. I bet that is Dolly...I still love that bridge.

The girls used to make hopscotch all the length of our block and I think half around.

Tom said...

...and the saga of boots continues!

Hill Top Post said...

I always enjoy looking at kiddos chalk art... some talented kiddos there. Warmer weather surely does bring out a host of walkers.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the colors of your weave-it squares. Your slow cooker dinner sounds like something quick and easy, so that is a good dinner idea for me. Thanks! I will give it a try! Good for Ken for coming up with a solution to your bird's nest problem. See you again tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Looks like everyone is having a good time moving those boots around. That chalk art done by the kids is so cheerful.

Hootin Anni said...

I am beginning to think you're the boot bandit!! I love seeing where they are found each time. Love chicken, so this dinner sounds scrumptious. The deer have remembered the protection of the bridge. I like the persistent mama bird.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is funny someone is moving the boots around, they are getting a lot of steps in.
The chalk art is cute. I love the deer and your bridge. Take care, have a happy day!

Martha said...

I'm glad the boots didn't walk away. Someone sure seems to be having fun with them. I love that you jumped the hopscotch squares, I would have too lol. The deer is so pretty under the arch, it's a perfect little spot. The colors of your squares are so pretty. I can't wait to see the finished blanket. :)

Debi said...

We don't have sidewalks but once in a while the neighbor's grands, and sometimes ours, will decorate the street with chalk art (we live in a very low traffic area) and it always makes me smile. I am enjoying the travelling boots, hope it continues for a while longer.

Jeanette said...

So funny about the boots! I also jumped some hopscotch squared while walking by my daughters house the other day. They are hard to resist, aren't they? Love your deer pics!

Bill said...

The boots seem to walk on batteries :) Maybe it is Dolly again checking up on her favorite bridge.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

The boots are still there!!!!!!

"she said
with a smile - I keep telling my husband I'm trying to walk but he
keeps texting me."
That is so funny!!! I think he does not like her to be out and away from home. -chuckle-

So many happenings on your walks and around your home!!!! I love it. And that you do the hopscotch too!!!!

Granny Marigold said...

When the weather is such that the sidewalk chalk doesn't get rained away we often see pretty flowers etc.. drawn by kids even some short Bible verses and sayings such as God loves you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased the boots are still around.

Love the deer by the bridge.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

We have had a super duper day. There are those boots again. We have been knocking down a nest everyday, too. Those nest builders are relentless!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those boots are fun to watch...where will they be next! And the chalk work was neat. I would have played hopscotch with you! Love that pretty deer hiding in the shade. Now...this is not really a question but a request! Will you stop by my blog tomorrow at the earliest possible convenience! heehee! I can't wait for you to read my Sat. post. If anyone will be happy for me...it will be you! lol Sweet hugs, Diane

Retired Knitter said...

Love the colors of the yarn ... so cheerful! Love that the dear are so unafraid. I think they are beautiful animals.