Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 15, 2021

In the Dark

Now with the time change I'm back to starting my walk in the dark.
But that won't last long and soon it will be light again.

A chilly start to the day and my walk at 18 degrees.
It was still and once the sun rose it was sunny.
Sunrise - 7:26


No one else out walking.
Walked all around town, up to both cemeteries, and down to see the bulls.
Didn't make it around the ball park because I used up my 6 miles
before I got there.

Walked just a tad over 6 miles

While walking was thinking that I haven't found a coin in a while.
Then the next street over there was a penny sitting in the middle of the street.

☀️    🚶‍♀️    😀    💰

After breakfast I went with Ken to get a load of gravel in the trailer.
The second load I stayed home to get some house stuff done and he
went with David for a second load.  Gravel is for the project that
Ken and David are doing up at the cabin.

Got house work done in the morning and then in the afternoon
I went out back to continue on the picking up of deadfall.
Making a fence along the one side of our property line now.
It was sunny and the temperature was 40 degrees so warmed up
quite a bit from this morning.

Not much left of the snow pile!!

Thanks for stopping by and thank those of you who
take the time to leave a comment. 😃

A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

21 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure enjoyed beautiful skies today. We had bright sunny skies and a bitter wind that cut through you. Take care Karen.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your skies look lovely.

Your snow pile has almost gone ...
I hope you don't get more!

All the best Jan

Rose said...

What a beautiful start to your day...I hope you take some pics of your deadfall fences.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my! That sunrise is worth the early start.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - that snow pile is getting smaller and smaller. That top sunrise picture is simply gorgeous. So glad that David is there to work alongside Ken on some of your projects. Have a good Tuesday. See you again tomorrow.

Debi said...

I wish our snow would disappear! There is still quite a bit of it left, but as my husband reminds me, it's still March and we can't count on spring until mid-April! Have a great week!

ellen b. said...

That was a cold morning walk for sure. Pretty skies. How nice that Ken can do projects with your son now.

Unknown said...

Funny how you thought you hadn't found a coin in awhile and the next street over you found one. Kind of like when you are thinking of someone and the next thing you know you see them somewhere. That sunrise was beautiful.

Granny Marigold said...

That was a lovely sunrise. Sounds like you had a good walk again today.

Hill Top Post said...

How wonderful to be up so early to capture those magnificent sunrises!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Life is all in the thinking. Think pennies find pennies.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Beautiful sunrise! It is great David is there and can lend Ken a helping hand.

The snow has melted here, but it still feels like winter. Take care, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Nice to think Spring is arriving...sunny days ahead.

Lisa said...

Now that the time has changed, I can now walk again after work. I found 6 pennys and a deer on my walk yesterday.
Lisa

Hootin Anni said...

The best part of the day for me...sunrise. And yours during your walk is spectacular. For me it really isn't the loss of the hour's sleep, it's my heart meds schedule gets messed up & heart rate is "scatter-brained".

What special project at the cabin?

Inger said...

Gorgeous skies with those bare trees in the foreground. Have a great day!

Leslie said...

hah! I can't believe that your snow pile is still lurking. I'm looking forward to catching some early sunrises ~ just hope that it warms up soon so that I can catch them from my paddleboard.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Love that snow pile progression!!!!

When it is finally all gone, we will have to have an RIP party for it. -giggles- Gone till next year!

Jeanette said...

The sky looks pretty in the morning. Most of the snow piles around here are gone, too! Yay! I hope they don't come back!

Bill said...

What a gorgeous sunrise. That small pile of snow left won't last much longer. It sure is disappearing fast. Enjoy your day.

William Kendall said...

Those sky views are beautiful