Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Another outside work afternoon

 Once the sun rose I had a nice sunny walk.
It was very still this morning and the temperature was 27 degrees.

Once again I walked all over town, both cemeteries, and the ball park.
Though I walk these same places most days, the order I walk them in
changes all the time.

The man with his friendly little dog was walking around the ball park.

Saw a couple of deer run through one of the cemeteries.

Saw a few Cardinals and I spotted one on the top of a tree singing away. 
 He really stood out against the blue sky.
My phone doesn't zoom good so couldn't get a good picture.
Can you spot the red dot that is the cardinal?

Walked 6 miles

☀️    😃    ☀️

A quick trip into town after breakfast to the Dollar General.
We seem to be buying more and more of our food there.
They only thing they don't sell is produce and meat.

Once again this afternoon I went outside and picked up dead fall and
 added it to my fence.
Even cut down a small tree that was entangled in very old grape vines.
A nice sunny day for working outside again but each day the
temperature has dropped 10 degrees.
Today it was 40.
Enjoying these nice sunny afternoons.

That's all for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Besides - No, I don't wear a face mask when outside walking.  Most days I don't even see any one else out walking and if I do we just don't get close.  
Years ago I used to be blog friends with someone named Auntie but she does't blog anymore.  Your blog seems so much like her that at times I think you must be her! :)

16 comments:

Tom said...

...the pond is so serene. I;pve the tose old weathered doors.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Being outside in the beautiful spring weather is just the best.

Debi said...

The pond was so still! I did find the cardinal... I had one at my feeder this morning. I always enjoy "walking" with you!

Deb J. in Utah said...

We have had a cold and rainy day here, but I saw a Robin this afternoon. Hope you have a good evening and Sunday. See you again soon.

Rose said...

I did spot the Cardinal but only after I expanded the view. After that I could sort of see it in the small version. I love that last pic of the doors.

ellen b. said...

I think I could see the Cardinal. We got up above 50 degrees today! Great reflections in that first shot. Hope your weekend is going well.

Unknown said...

I can see the cardinal only it is just a tiny red speck. Aren't they beautiful birds? I haven't been to our Dollar General in about a year. It was really cold here where we live and will be cold tomorrow as well.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Nope ... no cardinals ... must have flown away by the time I visited your blog.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Top & a little to the left?!! Maybe. One of my favorite birds. And such a beautiful photo with the barren tree & BLUE sky. Yard work is not necessarily fun, but this time of year it can be "fun" to see a cleaner, neater area.

Always love walking with you Karen.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty views of the pond. I am not sure if there is a Dollar General near where I live.
My phone does not take good closeups, my camera have great zoom for the birds. Have a great day and a happy new week!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ohhh I am so glad you do not wear a mask, when enjoying the out doors!!!!

And of course, if necessary, you can keep your distance, from someone going by, which rarely happens at the time you walk. -smile-

Bingo! "Auntie Sezzzzzzzzz" blog ~~~ Back "at the beginning of time" ~~~ 2009 to 2013 ~~~~ -smile- Blogging Style is like a thumb print, I guess. -smmmmile-

😊😊😊😊😊😊

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How smart of you to figure out Besides...I knew she seemed familiar too! Hope you're having a blessed day! Hugs!

Bill said...

I saw the red dot cardinal. You have great eyes to see that high. Love the weathered doors and window.

William Kendall said...

Spring is coming.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful reflections in your first photograph.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

I love to hear cardinals and robing singing! It is the sound of summer to me!