Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Heart shaped cookies

 Left the house this morning a little after 9:00 to walk up and down
the lane again.  It was 18 degrees, cloudy, and windy at times.
Just a little dusting of snow overnight.

I've been wearing my Yak Trax on my shoes walking in the snow.
Coming back down the lane the first time I happened to look down
at my feet and saw that the Trax had come off both boots.
Up a ways in front of me I saw one of them sitting there in the middle
 of the lane and a little farther there sat the other one.
Sat down and put them both back on my boots.
I had just walked up and down the long hill at the end of the lane
for the second time when once again noticed one of the Yak Trax
had come off again.
This time I had to walk back up the hill to find it.
Never had that happen before.  
They both stayed on the rest of my walk.

Finished knitting Ken's hat last night but I'm not that crazy about it but 
Ken likes it and it will keep his head warm.

I've started another hat this afternoon with a different pattern and
if I like it will send it off to a friend.

Baked some Welsh Cookies this afternoon too. 
Usually make round ones but since
tomorrow is Valentine's Day I took my heart shaped
cookie cutter off the wall

and made heart shaped ones.

Pizza for supper tonight. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ•

That's all for today.
Thankful for another good day.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Nellie - no ice, just more snow!

22 comments:

Jeanette said...

That hat looks very warm! And the cookies look very good! I need to get some of those Yak Trax.

Tom said...

...those cookie cutter bring back memories! My grandmother had some just like those!

susan q said...

Have to give those Yak Trax a try. I find knitting is too slow, crochet goes much faster and I get projects completed sooner. I'm impatient. Keeping Ken's head warm is the most important thing, your hat was fine♥ Getting weary of the snow this year. Be safe and healthy.

Aritha V. said...

Love the cookies. Mjammie.
Nice hat.

William Kendall said...

The cookies do look good.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those cookies are so cute in little heart shapes, and I know they are delicious. We are getting some snow here tonight, and it is sticking on the ground, after we had rain all day. It is a good night to be inside. I love Ken's hat. That is a beautiful color. Have a good Sunday. We will be back to Zoom church for a while, until Charly can get both Covid shots. Too many people at church don't want to wear masks. See you again soon.

Debi said...

I made heart shaped cookies today too! We'll deliver them to our local grands tomorrow.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Wondering why they came off...............

The cookies are very, very cute.

Yummm, to pizza. Although here, have to have a G/F crust. But even my husband, who does not have to eat G/F, likes them.

๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’“ ๐Ÿ’— ๐Ÿ’– ๐Ÿ’— ๐Ÿ’“ ๐Ÿ’•

Rose said...

That is good that you did not slip while the trax were off, and good that you could find them...

Granny Marigold said...

I like the hat. That shade of blue is lovely.

Leslie said...

Beautiful scene. I love the hat. Both of my girls have learned how to knit during quarantine ~ I'm looking forward to next years christmas gifts! : )
The welsh cookies look great!!!
Happy Valentines.

Bettye said...

Kens hat looks very nice and I really like that shade of blue. I know those cookies are going to be delicious as well as they are really nice in heart shape. Happy Valentines day to you and ken. Stay safe out there in the snow and ice. Strange those Trax came off but glad you found them and they stayed on the rest of the walk.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Tasty cookies.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Happy Valentine's Day! Pretty snowy scenes, our snow is not melting, we have more snow piling on every couple of days. Your cookies look delicious! Pizza for dinner is one of my favorites. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy new week!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Ken's Beannie looks good - very well made there Karen.

NanaDiana said...

I LOVE the hat and the cookies look delicious! I haven't made cutouts in quite a while. Happy Valentine's Day- xo Diana

ellen b. said...

With the weather you are having that hat will really be a blessing! Love the heart shaped treats. Our DIL made heart shaped bread buns for us. Delicious. Happy Valentine's day to you and your guy!

Vee said...

How odd that your trax keep falling off. With the weather you've been having, you need them to stay on. I had to put my grips on for the first time this week. February has been snowy and wintry just as we expect it to be here.

How nice to bake the special cookies in heart shapes for Valentine's Day, It's the little things❣️

Bill said...

Those cookies look delicious. Ken has a nice new hat to keep his head warm. Enjoy your day!

Tina said...

Oh I love the hat! It looks good and thick and warm. I had to look up what in the world yak tracks were. Don’t hear of such down here in South Georgia. The dusting of snow made it look clean and fresh. The cookies are interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of them and the recipe sounds tasty. Hope you have a good day.

Sandi said...

I like the hat!

Lowcarb team member said...

The cookies look tasty.

All the best Jan