Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Cold

 

Planned on walking in town this morning but when I woke up it was 13 degrees, 
and very windy with snow falling so decided a walk in the basement
was the thing to do.
 There was no snow accumulation and mid morning the sun came out
though it did stay cold and windy.

Made a little batch of fudge where you just melt semisweet
chocolate chips and condensed milk in the microwave,
then add some vanilla and let it set in the refrigerator.
Simple to do and tastes yummy.

Just staying in today and thankful for a nice warm house.
Did the usual things I enjoy, reading, puzzling, and making a few
squares.  I finished the PAGE about weave-its if you care to read it.
It is called All About Weave-its and located under the blog header.

Hope your Saturday has been a good one for you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

14 comments:

ellen b. said...

I think I used to make that simple fudge. So good! Sounds like a good Saturday. We've been enjoying a Marriage Conference at our church this weekend. Very good. Have a great evening and Lord's day!

Rose said...

It was cold here this morn, too. 10° when I looked. But it did get up in the 30's.

Tom said...

...it was windy and bitter here today! Stay warm and take care.

Nellie said...

You wouldn’t find me walking outside in that cold morning, either! In fact, the wind here today was very cold; sunshine tricked us into thinking it was warmer/more comfortable. That sounds like a great fudge recipe!

Granny Marigold said...

It's cold here too but not compared to your temperatures. minus 4 C tonight with snow flurries possible.
I love that easy fudge. It always turns out which is more than I can say about some other recipes for fudge.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The fudge sounds yummy, but then I love all chocolate .

Deb J. in Utah said...

I would love that fudge recipe. It sounds good and easy! See you again tomorrow. I'm off to read about the weave-it-squares.

Hootin Anni said...

I will go to your link after I say good morning to you...fudge? I haven't had that in years...but I'd add pecans 'cause sometimes I feel like a nut! (But before all that cooking, I'd crawl back in bed ...13°? Cold!!!)

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sky shot! Your fudge sounds yummy, I have to write recipe down. It sounds very easy.
It has been cold and windy here for days now. Take care, have a happy new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Snowing here right now !!!!!

God bless.

Sandi said...

I admire your dedication to walking every day, or most days.

Bill said...

It snowed here a little last night, you can still see it in the hills.

Retired Knitter said...

hmmm. I am going to look for that fudge recipe on your recipe blog. I have all the ingredients.

Lowcarb team member said...

We've had a cold day today, some parts of the UK have had snow.

All the best Jan