Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 14, 2020

Walking in a white wonderland

 

Didn't drive into town for my walk this morning but walked
right from the house.  It was snowing and I waited till 8:00 to
leave.  It was 30 degrees and calm. One of those snowfalls when the
snow falls to the earth quietly and peaceful and is beautiful.
 Watching it is beautiful but if you get to walk in it,
why that is just a bonus.

Didn't walk to town but stayed on the back country roads
near the house.

Starting out at the end of my driveway.


Going down the hill.


Instead of turning left at the bottom of the hill to head toward
town I turned right and walked up this way.



Then went back the way I came but passed up the turn to home
and walked out to the main road to town and turned around there
and went back toward home.

Continued my walk up to the end of the lane,
turned around and came home.


Didn't see any animals but did see some rabbit tracks and some
that may have been raccoon tracks.
Didn't see any people out and just a couple of cars passed by.
As I was getting home the snow plow passed by the house.

Didn't get all 6 miles walked but almost at 5.3 miles.

🌨    πŸ™‚    🌨

Well we got the next puzzle started on this snowy day.

Didn't get much work done today.
Did some reading
and got started on Januarys Baby Blanket.

Years ago my mom gave me this little stocking that she knitted and 
put the bear in it. Cute isn't it?


Seemed like a good day to have pizza, but then every day
is a good one pizza as far as I'm concerned.πŸ˜€

That's it for today.
A happy Monday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

There's just something beautiful about walking in the snow
that nobody else has walked on.
It makes you believe you're special.
- Carol Rifka Brunt

24 comments:

Inger said...

A walk in the snow, it doesn't get much better than that. The pictures are lovely. I hope you get a white Christmas.

Rose said...

Oh, my goodness, I so enjoyed your photos...I love a winter wonderland like this. And that bear in the stocking is just so cute.

Connie said...

Absolutely beautiful . . . you should think about many cards from your walking taking photographs. Do be careful, you can fall and cars can slide.
God bless you,
Connie :)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a spectacular sight...just magical.
I agree with Connie, the pictures would make a beautiful calendar or card.
Thank you for sharing such incredible beauty.
Hugs,
~Jo

Sandi said...

GORGEOUS!

It snowed in my Animal Crossing town, so I feel like I can relate to this! πŸ˜‚ No snow in my real town yet...ha ha!

ellen b. said...

Walking in a winter wonderland (even in late Fall). Nice photos. That little stocking with bear is so sweet. Oh man the new puzzle we pulled out is a tough one. I'll post a photo soon. Pizza is always a treat!

Debi said...

Loved your snowy photos... so pretty. We have pizza every Friday. It's a tradition we started many years ago.

Tom said...

...beautiful images, we are too far west to get snow from this storm.

Granny Marigold said...

Your photos capture a magical winter wonderland.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh how beautiful! I am so ready for a bit of snow...not too much, just like yours! We do have a 40 percent chance of snow tomorrow.

Ruta M. said...

What a beautiful walk you had. Stay safe.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I see you have a little snow where you live.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Hot, bubbly pizza straight from the oven...yes, any day is a good day for that!

Those two images of trees...the tree lined road, and the row of evergreens are my favorites. And, your quote...you ARE special.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

A winter wonderland indeed, just beautiful photos. Yes, I agree any day is a good day for pizza. YUM! I love the cute bear stocking.

Take care, enjoy your week ahead.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Your Snow photos are Sensational - beautiful Scenes you've chosen.
Certainly like your Mum's little stocking and bear- so cute. Best Wishes. KEV.

Aritha V. said...

Hoi Karen, I love to see your snow photos. Pizza is always good :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, What a beautiful walk you had. That little bear is so cute. I'm with you - it's always a good day for pizza. See you again soon. Have a good day!

Melanie said...

The photos of your walk make me shiver but oh so beautiful! We're having temps in the low 30s here in TN but no snow. Love the sweet stocking. I've been doing some crocheting this year for gifts and am learning to knit. Have a blessed week.

Bill said...

Walking in beauty, beautiful winter scenes.

Inger said...

How I wish I could have been with you on that walk. Of course, I wouldn't have lasted very long. Still I can do it in my mind and hope for some snow to arrive here as well. It doesn't look good so far, hardly any rain and one snowfall.

William Kendall said...

The best kind of weather you can ask for.

Happy@Home said...

A beautiful, snowy walk. I loved all of the pictures.
The little stocking is adorable.

Tina said...

That's absolutely amazing!! We've never had anything like that here in South Georgia! Thank you for sharing. And I love your stocking and bear. What a sweet memento from your mom.

Ruth Hiebert said...

A fresh snowfall is a beautiful thing.