Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Farm Loop Walk and Pie

 

35 degrees this morning, calm, and a mix of sun and clouds
when I was walking.

Parked the Jeep in the parking lot by the pond as usual.
Instead of walking around town I decided to walk around the Farm Loop.

Walked right through down and out the other end
and this is Farm Number One I came to.
The barn is right on the main road and I turn left there
to begin the loop.


Farm Number Two is Farmer Bill's farm.


Oscar the dog lives here and he came out to greet me.
Followed me to the end of the farm and then went back home.


I turn left just after the farm, walk a while
and come to Farm Number Three.
This is Farmer Gene's farm.


Gene 's daughter married the son of the farmer next door
(don't know their names)
and this is Farm Number Four where they live.


The Dairy Farm is Number Five on the way and the last one on
the road before getting to the school.


I turn left at the school and walk down the hill back to town.
On the way is Farm Number Six which is where the bulls live and
is the farm of Farmer Marvin and just
posted a similar picture the other day.

His farm goes behind the cemeteries too and has another barn 
over that way - the barn that I take pictures of from the cemetery
and the main road coming to town.

The loop I walked from the Jeep back to the Jeep again
was 4.8 miles.
The rest of my walk was around the cemetery up at the top of the hill
a few times for a total of 6.2 miles.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.
A peaceful, beautiful, wonderful walk
for which I am truly Thankful.

๐Ÿฅพ   ⛅️    ๐Ÿšœ    ๐Ÿ™‚

We put all our trash in the back of the truck and made a
trip to the dump.  First time in the new truck.

I baked our pumpkin pie for tomorrow.
The last few years I've used a ready made crust but today
went back to making homemade pie crust.
The crust and pie came out perfect.
That's because I don't have to bring it anywhere and no one
but Ken and I will be eating it.
I had the pie recipe on my recipe blog already but this pie came
our looking better so changed the pie picture to todays pie.
You can find the Pumpkin Pie recipe HERE.

The Pie Crust recipe I just added today
and you can find that one HERE.

There was some pie crust and pie filling left over like there usually
is and I made a cute little pie in a custard cup.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a happy one.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

To all who celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow
๐Ÿฆƒ HAPPY THANKSGIVING ๐Ÿฆƒ 
Have a safe and healthy one.

Reflect upon your present blessings,
of which every man has plenty;
not on your past misfortunes,
of which all men have some.
- Charles Dickens -

17 comments:

Tom said...

...what lovely farmland and barns, the quilt block is a beauty. Enjoy your Thanksgiving Kren.

ellen b. said...

That first photo is stunning. Loved all the other images you shared, too. Glad that pie turned out so well. Glad Oscar the friendly dog met you this time and gave you a little company. A very Happy Thanksgiving to both of you!

Debi said...

What a beautiful walk... I love checking out farms. I chuckled that your pie turned out beautiful because only you will see it... doesn't it always happen that way? Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Ken.

Susie said...

Love what you said about the crust turning out great. When my Mother inlaw was teaching me to make banana cream pie, she pointed out I was mixing something different than she would...so I told her if it turned out I would take credit and if it didn't...would she please tell my husband she made it. LOL. I miss that wonderful woman. Blessings to you and enjoy your lovely pie. xoxo, Susie

Vee said...

Lots of beautiful barns, but I have my favorite. It looks like Thanksgiving there. Yay for a beautiful pumpkin pie! ๐Ÿ˜ My daughter-in-law made the pumpkin pie this year. Happy Thanksgiving!

Rose said...

Wow, you have a lot of beautiful barns close to you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Henny Penny said...

Never seen so many beautiful farms! That dog looks pretty sweet, doesn't he. I understand about the pie turning out good because no one will be seeing it but you two. It's always that way.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful barns and farms! The pie sounds yummy, I made a Derby Pie yesterday! I wish you and your family a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving! Have a happy day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Good to see the Farms about your way - Thanks for posting Karen. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Bill said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Ken.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for taking us on your walk and showing us the farmland/barn scenes.

Happy Thanksgiving Wishes to you and Ken.

All the best Jan

PS Your first photograph is my favourite today :)

William Kendall said...

Oscar is a cutie.

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy Thanksgiving Karen!

Retired Knitter said...

Such lovely walking - farm country!