Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 12, 2020

Golden

 A light misty rain this morning when I walked and 52 degrees.
A drive to town and then walked all over town.
A few deer in the road on the way there and had to come to
a complete stop to let three of them cross the road.

The leaves are really starting to fall now.
Nice walking in the leaves.



Over by the ball park I saw 7 bluejays all together.
They looked extra pretty against the yellow leaves.
I've never seen that many bluejays in a group before.

The woman I saw for the first time the other day was back
walking again.  Maybe she will become another regular.

Walked 6 miles

๐Ÿ    ☁️    ๐Ÿ‚    ๐Ÿ™‚

Monday again and got a good start on the house cleaning for the week.
Had to put off washing the sheets because of the weather.

I've been coloring a bit.
The bookcase is my favorite.


Our golden back yard. 


Thanks for visiting.
A happy Monday to you.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Tina - Thanks for stopping by and the kind words in your comment.  I noticed you don't have a blog.  Does your mom and do I know her?

21 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure struck gold!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have outstanding color this year and the tree with the leaves under it is awesome. Love your coloring too! The bookcase is my fav too!

ellen b. said...

Golden for sure! Love it. I enjoyed your coloring, too.

Happy@Home said...

Your golden backyard is gorgeous. Fun coloring pages. I agree that the bookcases are the winner. So many fun things to look at.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow...gorgeous back yard view! We don't have blue jays this far south, but I loved having them at our feeders in Colorado. I can almost smell the scent of fallen leaves.

Rose said...

What a lovely morning you must have had....all that color! and looks like it would have been one of those morns when you feel the quiet! Love your golden back yard.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your back yard looks fabulous. I love walking on a carpet of fallen leaves.

Nellie said...

Is that your red car? We’re having blue jays come to the bird feeder these days, along with cardinals and chickadees. Our color here is just beginning; not yet quite like your gold! That’s gorgeous!

Vee said...

Beautiful to be able to see deeper into the golden woods.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - Charly and I both like to walk in leaves and hear them crunch under our feet. It's getting to be that time of year. You have such a beautiful backyard! I sure like your coloring pages. You always do such fun and interesting things. I will stop by again tomorrow!

Hill Top Post said...

What an amazing morning for walking on streets of gold. I am in awe! You captured the beauty of it all so well! The blue jays have been feasting on the small pin oak acorns in our yard.

Ruta M. said...

A stunning view of your back yard. I've just realised there are hardly any trees here, only large bushes. Oh well, you can't have everything.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Very nice Autumn colors. Good going on your Coloring In Karen. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Gorgeous views of the colorful trees! Take care, enjoy your day!

Jeanette said...

Walking through leaves always reminds me of walking the kids on Halloween! Very nostalgic! Love the coloring! I have several coloring books, crayons and colored pencils. Not getting into it for some reason!

Bill said...

Beautiful autumn scenes and colours.

Grandma C said...

Gold everywhere you look. :) So pretty!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful colours!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What beautiful colors you already have there in your little part of the world.
Thank you for sharing your stunning photographs.
Hugs,
~Jo

dot said...

Tina is my daughter. I can't find where she left a comment but I see that you answered her. I'm from the no longer active Strolling Through Georgia.

Tina said...

Dot is my mother..and I have an inactive blog as well called blessingsinthesouth@blogspot.net I’m glad to have found you.