Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Broken Clothes Line

 35 degrees this morning when I drove to town for another
walk around town.
It was one of those random walks where I just walked
wherever my feet took me.

Little fog around at first.


But later once the sun was up it was another one of those beautiful
crisp, fall days with sunshine.

Rebecca was out running this morning and we passed each
other a couple of times.
Surprised I didn't see more people out on such a morning as this.

Saw three deer up at the upper cemetery.
Think that is the first time I've ever seen deer there.

Walked 5.8 miles

๐Ÿ™‚   ☀️    ๐Ÿ

Food shopping day at Shop and Save and went there first thing
after breakfast to get it over with.

Perfect day for doing the laundry and did two loads.
A bit windy and the sheets were wrapping themselves around the
line, so I went to unwrap them.
What a surprise when the line broke in my hand.
There I was holding up the line and hollered I need help
to Ken who was in the house.
He came to the rescue and held the line while I transferred 
the clothes to the other line.
Then he replaced the lines for me.

No coloring this afternoon but I did get some time to read.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Tuesday to you.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Anni - Can't see the mitten in the leaves that you see. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sandi - Yes, there is plenty of room to pull into the garage and turn around too. This picture is taken from the porch.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...there's no need to color, your world around you is beautifully colored!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh what gorgeous color in those trees!

Vee said...

It is really nice to be able to pull in and turn around without having to back out. I can almost do that without messing up the lawn. ☺️

Gorgeous foliage, You must be in peak week with colors like that!

Good thing you didn't have to rewash those clothes and linens. ๐Ÿงบ

Granny Marigold said...

Good thing Ken didn't have headphones on or something else that would have kept him from hearing you call.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful red and orange colours in the trees.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The trees there are looking beautiful. Lovely fall colors.
Take care, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- every now and then I replace the Cloths Line- I find the best is plastic coated wire- Lucky for you ken was near at hand. Regards. KEV.

Kerri Farley said...

Your fall colors are lovely!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, at 35 degrees, you are getting cold back there! Our morning lows are still in the 50s for now. I am wondering what you elevation is there? I love the picture with the beautiful fall leaves. It's so good that Ken was close at hand to help you out when the closeline broke. See you again tomorrow!

Rose said...

Oh those trees!!! They are gorgeous!

John's Island said...

Your blog is such a pleasure to follow. I enjoy keeping up with your walks and all the photos you take. Your fall colors are great. I especially like your photo in your header. Wow! The third one in this post is pretty amazing too! Say HI to Ken for me … I love the RR Crossing sign out in the yard I noticed in your Monday post.

William Kendall said...

Your third shot is a stunner.

Bill said...

The trees look absolutely gorgeous with their colours.

Happy@Home said...

Glad to hear that Ken was able to help with the clothes line. Would have been a shame for them to land on the ground after just being washed.
Your fall foliage is stunning. I am looking forward to seeing that here in the coming weeks.

Hootin Anni said...

Cold morning! But oh the colors in your area...so vibrant! Love the view from your porch too.

Henny Penny said...

Sorry your clothesline broke. I do love to see sheets blowing in the breeze. Those trees are so pretty! Oh my goodness, your pictures are always pretty, and I just looked back at you cupboard filled with the fiestaware. It is so pretty! Love the young black calf standing in your driveway.

ellen b. said...

You are getting some beautiful color. Glad Ken was close by to help you out with that line! Your property is looking so pretty!