Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 07, 2020

The last question


A nice clear morning, 65 degrees and very still when I left on my walk.
On the way to town I saw three wild turkeys with about 8 babies
just down the road from the house.  Boy those little things move fast!
I think this is a turkey feather.
 
Walked around the lower cemetery and a loop around town.
Besides the two cemeteries I walk around there is another small
cemetery on a side street I pass by most days.


 Saw Rebecca walking back to town as I was leaving town going home.
Saw Lena too and she was walking Molly,
her happy and friendly yellow lab!!

Walked 5.6 miles

☀️     🙂     ☀️

Mid morning we drove down to Lowe's to get some things that we couldn't
get at the lumber yard in town. 
Kind of nice to just walk around in a big store,
even if we did have to wear our masks.

Home by lunch time and after lunch Ken went up to the cabin and I stayed home. 
Had some work I wanted to get done and wanted to work on the cross stitch too.  Still have quite a bit to do on it but it is coming along.

Another beautiful weather day.  

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz.
I breezed through the questions until I read the last one.
What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?
Surely this was a joke.
I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name?
I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank.
Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade.
Absolutely, the professor said.
In your careers, you will meet many people.
All are significant.
They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello.
I've never forgotten that lesson.
I also learned her name was Dorothy.
- JoAnn C Jones.

14 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

What a stunning photograph your first one is.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a very good lesson to remember .

Happy@Home said...

That is a good lesson and one that I plan to remember.
Enjoyed catching up with you once again.

Rose said...

We keep watching for turkeys but just don't see any. But we are not out where they would be very much, and the field at the edge of town we see them in is full of tall corn right now. I am anxious for it to be harvested till we can watch for critters there.

That last 'story' is great...

Hootin Anni said...

wow...love that beautiful feather! And lesson/question...tho I'm no good remembering names, I see his point. When your field of work is important like nursing, one on one & first name basis is VERY important.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

When I asked the librarian her name this morning she told me to mind my own business.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is neat to see the turkey family. I agree, that is a good lesson to learn. Take care, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- A good Spring day here being warm and sunny. Tomorrow a cool change is expected and rain. Cannot say no to the rain - we always need it. Have a great week there. Regards. KEV. (Sydney-Australia).

Jeanette said...

That was a great lesson and I bet a lot of people in your class remembered it all of their careers!

Lisa said...

I like the turkey feather. I seen a turkey running through the neighborhood one time. It was a sight to see since we live in the city limits. Haha.
Lisa

Bill said...

The sunrise is gorgeous! That is a lesson that a person will never forget.

ellen b. said...

A very good lesson indeed! There are times we have to go to Spokane to get the things we can't get here. Hope you are having a good Tuesday.

William Kendall said...

The cemetery is quite peaceful.

Susie said...

What a clever question. Your professor was a wise man. I always try to look at names on name tags...then I thank that person and say their name. I hope it makes them feel good. Great sunrise photo. Blessings, xoxo, Susie