Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Rhubarb

 It was 55 degrees this morning with a mix of sun and clouds when I left for my walk to town.  Once I got to town just walked around both of the cemeteries a couple of times and  didn't walk around town at all.

No people around this morning and only saw a deer and a rabbit.  An uneventful walk but still a good one and a great way to start my day.

Walked 6 miles
The golden rod has started blooming which means fall isn't far away.

🌤     🙂     🌤    

Did a few chores this morning and then late morning we went out to do a few errands.  A stop at the drugstore, the library which had a book ready for pick up for me, and a stop at the gas station to get more gas for the tractor.  

Home for lunch. 
We were going to do some more rock crushing but decided to take a day off.
I walked around outside at Happy Trails. 

Didn't think I'd get any decent rhubarb this year after transplanting the plants two times but I did.  Not a whole lot but enough to make Rhubarb Cobbler and this afternoon I made some.  There wasn't enough to make a whole one so made two small ones.  Ken doesn't care for it so they are both mine!  I'll be having one tonight for my snack with some vanilla ice cream.  Thinking I should only eat half of one at a time but pretty sure will end up eating the whole thing.  I usually have pretty good will power but NOT when it comes to Rhubarb!

Got the chain painted for the fire hydrant and put on.  Now it looks how I remember fire hydrants from when I was a kid.

 What beautiful weather today.  A bright blue sky with sun and some white puffy clouds, a nice cool breeze and the temperature in the low 70's.

📖     📖     📖

August Bible Verse Challenge

 Day 19 - Perfect

Romans 12:2 KJV

And be not conformed to this world:
but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that ye may prove what is that good,
and acceptable, and PERFECT, will of God.

 ðŸ“–     📖     📖

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

15 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

No coins? Hmmmm. I LOVE the hydrant paint job. That is so awesome. Yep, you can have both cobblers (I like rhubarb, but raw & sour...my mouth is puckering just thinking of it). I'll have some ice cream with you tho. Oh, and your weather sounds so perfect.

Tom said...

...I used what rhubarb that I had to make strawberry/rhubarb jam in June. I hope to have a better crop next year!

Rose said...

My mom always had rhubarb...I never would eat anything made with it and I have no idea why. The fire hydrant looks nice...

Hill Top Post said...

How could a day be any more perfect! I can't recall ever having even tasted of rhubarb, but your pies look mighty tempting! The fire hydrant really does look nice!

Debi said...

I love rhubarb but I don't know anyone who grows anymore. My grandmother taught me how to make rhubarb sauce which was delicious on vanilla ice cream. Your cobbler looks yummy. I like you fire hydrant.

ellen b. said...

Your rhubarb cobbler looks very inviting. Enjoy! I like the chain painted on the hydrant. Great verse! Thank you.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That cobbler looks very good. I love rhubarb as well.

Granny Marigold said...

The fire hydrant looks just right now...and the rhubarb cobbler looks delicious. I'm off to check your recipe and see if it is close to what I also make.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What do I like more? Rhubarb or fire hydrant? No coin to help me decide.

God bless.

Ruta M. said...

The rhubarb cobbler looks very tasty. I like your idea of individual portions. You've made a lot of progress with the outdoor landscaping. I had a bank of bugleweed which we call ajuga. Most of it had blue flowers and some had pink.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The cobbler does look delicious! Great paint job on the fire hydrant.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Can you believe I have not yet made any rhubarb pie or cobbler? I really want too but I can’t find it in any of our grocery stores.
Lisa

Aritha V. said...

I love the colors of the chain. We haven't fire hydran's. I love it. O and I love rhubarb too, so sharing with you a Duch site with a Dutch "rabarber" recipe: https://www.thedutchtable.com/2015/05/rabarbervla.html

Bill said...

The cobbler looks delicious. the chain on the fire hydrant makes a perfect W.
Enjoy your day.

William Kendall said...

The goldenrod is quite pretty.