Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 08, 2020

Pump, Fire Hydrant and Wood Holder

 A bit of fog around and the sun was out too, and 62 degrees this morning
when I left on my walk to town.

It was very still and quiet.
When I got to town went first to the library and dropped
a DVD down the slot.

Then headed over to the ball park and walked around there.
Continued walking through town and over to the cemeteries and
walked around both of them.
Ran into Lena at the cemetery at the top of the hill and as we were
talking her daughter Rebecca came up to the cemetery too.
All three of us talked a bit and then they went off in one direction
and me in the other.

I'm leaving the cemetery as I take this picture and you can
see Lena and Rebecca off in the distance.
Like the lighting in this photo with the dark sky and sun.

Didn't see any rabbits today and the only deer I saw were the
four of them that were out back when I got home.

Wasn't paying much attention to my pedometer and ended up
walking 6.6 miles.

☁️     🙂     🌤

A beautiful summer day and we spent most of it outside.
Ken made a wood holder for the BBQ.
I painted the fire Hydrant then we put it in place.
Having the tractor sure helped moving it!!
The pump (non-working) is in place now too.
Thinking about painting the pail black or red but not sure yet.

After working we sat out on the front porch for a while.

We had those hamburgers on the new grill today for supper.
This morning I made Macaroni Salad to go with the burgers.

August Bible Verse Challenge

Day 8 - False

Matthew 7:15 KJV

Beware of FALSE prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing,
but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

That's all for today.
Thanks for visiting.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

16 comments:

Anni said...

Your burgers,H salad would hit the spot for me! Nice distance walking today! Love the red pump. We have one too (not working) for yard art. (I'D paint the bucket black)

Rose said...

Burgers from a grill are a meal fit for a king. They are one of my most favorite meals. I love the light in that second shot.

Re the lotus plants on my blog...no, they just grow wild like that. We have been going up there for a few years and they are always like that. Well, not that tall. But it is always covered with them.

Vee said...

And those burgers tasted especially good, I am sure. Your pasta salad looks so yummy. So if you are not paying close attention or if there are no time constraints, you would naturally walk 6 plus miles. Interesting.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The fire hydrant and pump make nice accents for your yard.

Nellie said...

What a great Saturday you had! Yummy hamburgers and macaroni salad! That’s a special treat!

Granny Marigold said...

I like that fire hydrant and pump. I have fond memories of using such a pump at campgrounds when we used to go camping.
Have a pleasant Sunday!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- We're having a lot of rain here - much flooding down south. Looking forward to the warmth of Summer - it is freezing here today. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for the Bible verses each day.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We had a nice weather day yesterday, it was good for walking.
I like the lighting in your 2nd photo. The flowers are pretty.
The grilled burgers sound delicious. Enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

NanaDiana said...

I have been thinking about macaroni salad for days! lol I haven't made it because I am the only one that likes it...and buying deli macaroni salad just isn't the same.
I love that picture of the gals walking and the sky dark ahead of them. xo Diana

ellen b. said...

Coming here on Sunday morning since we had the kids over for dinner last night and I was chasing the grands around. Boy am I tired after that! :) Not complaining just stating the facts. Thanks for this verse in the King James Version. I really like the lighting in the photo from leaving the cemetery, too. Red is the perfect color for that pump and fire hydrant. Such fun accents to your property. Have a joy filled Sunday!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful verse.

Bill said...

i like your fire hydrant and pump, they look great. Wonderful verse!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like how the light works in your second photograph.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...nice pops of red.

Henny Penny said...

Love that old pump! I wanted one when we built the cabin. Hamburgers on the grill, or a hamburger cooked on the stove, is one of my favorite meals. Like pizza, Poppy doesn't care that much for them. :( That is a neat wood holder.