Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 09, 2020

One for him and one for me

When I left on my morning walk to town it was 64 degrees,
sunny with a slight breeze.
Saw a deer along side of the main road to town
and was a little worried it would get hit by a car.
But it stopped and looked and crossed after the cars passed.
I guess it could have been luck but it sure looked like the deer
looked both ways before crossing!!

Once I got to town walked the lower cemetery 2 times.


Then up the hill to the other cemetery and walked around 
that one two times also.

A loop around town over to the ball park and walked 3 times
around the loop there.
Then over to the pond.
Ken was in town so I got a ride back home with him.
Nice to skip that steep hill home once in a while.

Lena and Rebecca were walking together this morning.
The roof is just about done already on that house I saw yesterday.
They put a red metal roof on which looks really nice!

This caught my eye as I passed by.


Walked 5.7 miles

☀️     🙂     ☀️
I'm almost positive the flowers on yesterdays post are hollyhocks.  
They aren't in my yard but just took the picture along my walk 
because I thought they were so pretty.

I don't have all that many flowers around my house.  
Just the daisies and cone flowers and some others in pots and hanging baskets.  
There are wild daisies and other wild flowers that grow natural out in woods.  
That's enough for me now.  
I'd rather have the deer roaming around.  
The only thing eaten was the cone flowers which grew back. 
 It was like the deer pruned them for me. 
  I think the deer don't eat the plants that I do have
 because there is so much to eat around in the woods for them already. 
By the way the sunflower I planted in the big pot yesterday perked up nicely.

🌻

Another pretty summer day and I didn't do much of anything.
Just puttered about inside and outside.

I was sitting on the front porch and Ken came out singing
happy days are here again.
I smiled when I saw the two ice cream cones that he had in his hand.
One for him and one for me. 🙂

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone ❤️

17 comments:

Tom said...

...yep that's a hollyhock! That poor Amish hickory rocker sure is weathered, I have a collection of them.

Rose said...

Oh, I love the atmosphere in that first shot...looks like the day would feel so fresh. and I love that rocker.

Susie said...

Hey a man that brings you ice cream is a sweetheart. :) I like seeing the places you walk to and around. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Pom Pom said...

That's nice that the deer have so much to eat!
How lovely, being handed a yummy ice cream cone!

Nellie said...

That's a favorite summertime - or anytime, actually - treat! An ice cream cone! Love chocolate! Stay cool!

Hootin Anni said...

I've been eating far too many cones these hot days...but they sure are reason to sing along! Love that rocking chair you found on your walk. And those metal roofs (or is it rooves?) ... I have often wondered what it sounds like indoors during a hail storm.

Vee said...

Not even your hollyhocks. Well, in case you'd like to try them, don't. I lied about them not being liked by deer. Apparently, deer love them. I would rather have my flowers so we'll be bookends. All the same, I am glad that your deer is cautious and looks both ways.

Leslie said...

Ken sure knows the way to a woman's heart!!! : ) I love the photos from your walks. It seems so peaceful.
We don't have deer ( occasionally you may see a rouge LOST deer in the small woods nearby), but we have bunnies and squirrels that love to dig up the gardens. I had 3 squirrels fighting on my bird feeder today ~ they are fun to watch so I just let them play and let the bird chase them away.
Have a great weekend.

Granny Marigold said...

A deer that looks both ways before crossing the road is destined to have a longer life than most other deer.
We had rain overnight and it lasted all morning. Then the sun tried to shine but it wasn't too successful. I'm hoping for better weather tomorrow.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I saw a deer in my yard last night, just strolling around.. You have smart deer there, they look both ways before crossing the road. I would like an ice cream cone, maybe later today. Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Ice cream on the porch. Lovely.

God bless.

R's Rue said...

❤️

Bill said...

I like the old chair with the basket of flowers, very pretty indeed! Ice cream delivery service, how nice. Enjoy your day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That basket of flowers in the old rocking chair is fun. How creative. Ice cream cones for you and Ken to enjoy out on the porch - he is just a good guy. Have a good day and I will see you again soon!

William Kendall said...

I like that old chair.

ellen b. said...

Yep! Your husband is a keeper for sure. The deer that come to our yard enjoy the weeping pussy willow, the varigated willow, the Aronia berry plant, and my curly something or another. They really haven't gone after the flowers that I have. I do hear they really like Hydrangea but we don't have any on our property. Glad you got a ride home!

Lowcarb team member said...

Those ice cream cones sound very enjoyable :)

All the best Jan