Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

A walk in the clouds

I was a bit chilly when I left on my walk to town this morning,
but it wasn't long before I was warm!
53 degrees, calm, and though it was mostly sunny there were low hanging
clouds around and I walked in and out of the clouds.

When I got to town I walked around the lower cemetery and then
around town before heading back home again.

Rebecca once again was walking in town and she is the
only person I saw.

All the usual deer, rabbits, and birds around.
Saw a ground hog run across the street too.

Took these pictures on my walk and they are here in the
order I took them.
 Walk along with me.
Just starting out.
I thought the clouds looked like a lake.

Down into the cloud I go.

Sun trying to break through. 


Just sunny in town.
But here I'm walking toward home.



A mile from home here.
This is my favorite picture.
You might be seeing it in a couple of days as my header picture.


What a gorgeous morning to be out walking.
Walked 5.7 miles

☁️     🙂     ☀️

Shop and Save shopping day and we went first thing after breakfast
to get it over with.
 Got things put away and then it was outside to do some more work 
on the deck.
Worked a couple of hours till lunch time and
after lunch we worked some more.
It was hot out back in the sun so we took a few breaks
and sat out on the front porch where it was cool.
Amazing the difference in temperature from the sunny back and the 
breezy shady front!!

One of our breaks we had a small bowl of strawberries and cream. 🍓  🍓
Yummy.

Here's the deck progress so far.
Maybe tomorrow we can finish.


That's about all we did today.

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone ❤️

20 comments:

Sandi said...

I thought that was a lake!

Vee said...

Yes, it does look like a lake. I had to look twice. Your favorite picture reminds me of Teletubbies' land with those clouds and the green hill. I just looked them up and discovered that they've been gone for nearly twenty years. It was a surprise. Ha! The deck looks great. You're going to love it.

Rose said...

Your deck is looking good! I love the color of your door...do you remember the name of the color? I just wondered...I won't be buying.

Love your walk in the clouds pictures!

Tom said...

...I enjoy a foggy start to the day, just as long azs I don't have to drive in it. The deck is looking sharp!

Kathi said...

I really like your deck. What a peaceful home you have. God bless you today and always. Kathi

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your favourite picture would definitely be my favourite as well.

ellen b. said...

Great progress on that deck. It's going to be nice. That fog really does look like a lake. Love your favorite photo!

Debi said...

Beautiful photos... I love foggy photos. You are making great progress on your deck. Bet you will be so glad when it is finished!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, great progress on the deck. You'll be done in no time. Great photos from today. See you again soon.

Granny Marigold said...

That was a lovely walk in the mist of early morning.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That was a nice walk. Thanx.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

It certainly did look like a beautiful morning for a walk! The cloud looks like a lake to me, too! I love walking through clouds!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous photos! Your deck is looking great. We are going to "rework" an old deck here, this fall.

John's Island said...

Your blog really puts a smile on my face. What a great job you do with Life Is Good. I've been on a bit of a blog break for a while and stopping by today I see you have refined your format since my last visit. I love the way you focus on your walk and take us along. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog yesterday. Happy to hear that you and Ken are fine and staying safe at Happy Trails. Thanks again for stopping by, I sure appreciate it. Take care and stay well!

Bill said...

A very nice walk indeed! The fog when you took the first photo does look like lake. I had rain on my walk this morning. :(

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots!

Happy@Home said...

It sure does look like a lake. Your walking temperatures sound refreshing to me. It is rather tropical here right now.
Your deck is looking great. Bet you can't wait to sit out there and eat your strawberries or, perhaps, ice cream. :)

Hill Top Post said...

Your new deck is looking so nice; surely will be fun to hang out clothes now! Your favorite picture will make a great header.

Nellie said...

We had fog move in briefly on Tuesday morning....later than I would have thought it would. Our house faces the west, so the afternoon sun makes it almost intolerable to sit there. That means the back is toward the east, and the rising sun can be almost as warm! We’re thankful for the neighbor’s row of trees that cool things off there, and we very often have a nice breeze.

Retired Knitter said...

You guys are so industrious!!