Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Ride home from town

Started out sunny and ended up cloudy on my walk this morning.
It was 69 degrees with a slight breeze to keep it cool.


Walked to town as usual and went around the lower cemetery
first and then over to the ball park and walked that loop.
The rest of my walk was just random all around town
and ended up at the lumber yard where I met Ken.
He needed to get some lumber for the deck.
I rode back home with Ken.
Got a day off from having to walk up the HILL.

Rebecca was out walking.
The house getting the deck/sun room or whatever it will
end up being got a new roof put on the whole house.

Doesn't happen often but once in a while some one driving
by will stop and ask me for directions.
That happened this morning and I was glad to be
able to help them. 

Saw deer, rabbits, and lots of birds.
Today was the first time I saw a Bobolink down the road,
though I have seen them around the Farm Loop.

 Walked 2 miles to town and 4 miles around town.


🌤     🙂     ☁️

We got some more work done on the deck.
Still working on the joists.
When we get a joist in position Ken puts the first nails in on the hangers
and I finished nailing while he goes and gets another board.
We have a pretty good system going.

By the time we get done with the joists
(hoping in the next couple days)
the decking we ordered at the lumber yard should be here.
 The decking is the same as on the front porch.

We take plenty of rest breaks sitting on the porch drinking water.

That's pretty much all we did today.

Supper was BLT's which were mighty good.

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️

20 comments:

Tom said...

..that's a beautiful white fringe tree! I got my yard work done early before it hit 90F, too hot for me. Take care Karen.

CHERI said...

Nothing better than a BLT!!!!! Fresh tomatoes and good mayo is the key...right? You mentioned giving someone directions. Couple weeks ago I was on my a.m. walk and a young gentleman stopped and asked me directions to a certain doctor's house. I knew exactly who he was talking about and so gave him very clear directions....only problem was I didn't realize where I was standing and told him the wrong street to turn on!!!!! It dawned on me right as he drove off. I felt terrible!!!! Sure hope he eventually found where he was going:) I enjoy my a.m. walks but soon it will be hotter than blazes even early in the a.m. and I will be sweating by the time I get back home!!!!

Rose said...

I love BLTS any time of day...they are good for breakfast or supper or lunch or snack.

I would love to see your Bobolink...I have seen one, one time at the strip pits. But never again.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful photographs, love the white fringed tree :)

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

That sounds like a good system the two of you have. I had to help Dear holding one side of faschia boards up high on a ladder. Yikes. I had to look up an image of a bobolink. Lovely views!

Hootin Anni said...

BLTs...that is Buds favorite sandwich. They ARE good. You two work well together. I do hope you're gonna show the project when complete. Of course, I love walking with sights of critters!

Vee said...

Will the back deck have a roof over it? Another ambitious, productive day today!

Debi said...

That's a good system you've got going there. Your deck will be finished in no time!

Angie said...

A bobolink?! Never seen one but I sure would like to! Sounds like you and your hubby make a good team, and well done to stay hydrated!

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a beautiful scene, with the road winding among the trees.

Granny Marigold said...

Years ago while we were on a trip to the fruit-growing area of BC we came upon a hay field that was full of Bobolinks! I was so excited to see them. Never saw one before that day neither since.

Hill Top Post said...

My old hill seemed awfully long and steep today. It's best walked with fresh legs. BLTs are my favorite sandwich which I probably eat too often. When we pick something up in town, I get a BLT from Sonic.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen - Pleased to hear you and Ken are working together to build the Deck- it sounds great! Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The tree look pretty in the sunlight. It has been too hot to work outside, our walks are done early in the morning. I love a BLT, YUM.
Have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

When someone asks me for directions I tell them, "Oh ... I wouldn't start from here!"

The other day someone asked me, "How do you get to Salford from here?"

I replied, "My brother drives me there!"

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

Your days always sound peaceful and happy, even when you're working. My favorite part of growing tomatoes in the garden is having them for BLT's all summer. I was looking back at some post...I love the red chairs you painted and especially where you placed them. It's so pretty there.

Brenda said...

I am eager for fresh tomatoes for lettuce tomato and mayo sandwiches-vegetarian 30 years now...your walking sounds great. I continue to do 5-6 miles per day-mostly in the apartment and/or the hallways or around the buildings. Can't do them all at once, of course...but I don't miss a day yet...despite the pain...lol...are you working puzzles and reading...or is working on the deck your project for now??? What about the blankets?

Leslie said...

I like your system. Paul and I work well together too. BLT's sound great! I've got some chicken thawing that I'm going to start in the dutch oven and then move to the grill later.

have a great day.

Bill said...

A busy day for you. Love the photo of the road, very nice. We had BLTs last night too, I just love them.
Have a great day.

Jeanette said...

Such a pretty road going into the tunnel of trees!