Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 12, 2020

Deck progress

Another walk to town and this time I walked up the side
road and past our old house.
Then continued on over to the Dollar General
where I turned around and walked back home.

The temperature was 53 degrees when I left, it was
sunny and started out calm but was windy
by the time I got back home.

Just a little fog when I first left
but that was soon gone.


Saw Rebecca a couple of times.  
We were walking opposite directions.

Quite a few chipmunks running around and also saw a
couple of squirrels.  Don't see many squirrels around here.

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny in the Dollar General parking lot.

☀️     🙂     💰

We worked on the deck again today and are quite pleased
how it is turning out so far.
We put bracing between all the joists and got the end boards in place.
Tomorrow we hope to get the clothes line put up
which will be a little closer to the left edge from where it is now.
The size of the deck is 10' x 28'.

Now we just have to wait for the decking to be delivered to
the lumber store in town (maybe Monday)
where we will pick it up before we can continue working.


We had great weather for working.
Sun and clouds, a good breeze and temperature in the 60's.

After working it was nice to sit down and get some reading done.
Still reading book number 8 in the Outlander series.
I like it a lot but it is taking me forever to read it.
I'm down to the last 50 pages!

No ice cream later, I made chocolate pudding for our snack.

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️


Ruta - If you're reading this just want to let you know that I can't comment on your blog again. 😞

19 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like it'll be a beautiful deck!

Vee said...

Wow! You two are really good at building. Wish that I were. My old deck needs help and how. 😁 John redid what needed redoing 12 years ago so it's no wonder that it needs some attention now. Hope to get the rotten boards replaced and the new paint down before summer is over. I think we are once again in the same weather pattern. Sounds a lot like Maine's weather these days.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Wow - you and Ken are doing a great job. That is going to be such a nice, large, sturdy deck. What a nice addition to your home!

Susie said...

You are going to love the deck. It's nice and big enough for company too. Good walk. Your town must be a safe place to walk. I like that. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

CHERI said...

I just can't get over how far you walk each day!!!! I pat myself on the back when I get in 2!!! I should definitely do more but these days even early in the a.m. it is getting very hot and the danged old gnats are up and at 'em early now too!!! If you live where you have no gnats, count it as a blessing! We love our deck...during fall and spring. Sadly it will get too hot to enjoy it much longer except for maybe early, early in the mornings. I know you will enjoy yours...nothing like sitting outside and enjoying a morning cup of coffee or an occasional evening glass of wine:)

Ruth Hiebert said...

That will be a nice big deck. When I had mine made, I should have made it a little bigger.

Rose said...

I love that photo with the fog. Your deck is going to be done before you know it.

Adam said...

Deck is looking good.

Hill Top Post said...

The new deck will be such a nice addition to your beautiful home. I like the idea of having a clothes line so close to the house. My sagging old clothes line is in bad need of a bit of updating.

Ruta M. said...

Hi Karen, Great progress on your new deck. There's nothing nicer than being able to sit outside and watch nature all around. I'm sure you will have many happy hours sitting out on your deck. I've been checking my comments link and it's a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it goes to Google and sometimes to the comments. It's not linked to a particular post as far as I can see, sometimes it works and sometimes not.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow...your deck will be wonderful when finished. And a great size for furniture and plants, etc. Fantastic!! A penny saved is a penny earned, right?

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Hope you can receive the Decking Planks soon so that you and Ken can complete the Deck Project...good size at 10ft x 28ft. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

How many pennies in a Dollar (General parking lot)?

God bless.

Tom said...

...this will be a wonderful addition, enjoy your summer!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The deck will be great, I am looking forward to seeing the finished photos. The flower is beautiful. Happy weekend to you!

Bill said...

Your deck is looking good. I won't be long before you two will be sitting out there enjoying summer. Have a great day!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think you and Ken are doing a fantastic job on the decking … you must be pleased.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

How interesting to build the close line right into the deck! Nice and convenient and if you ever change your mind you just cut it off at the base!

ellen b. said...

Great progress on your deck. It looks very well planned and it's going to be sturdy and secure!