Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Our new face masks

When I left the house walking this morning it was 55 degrees,
cloudy and calm.  
It had rained during the night and looked like we might
have another shower so took along my umbrella.
Happy to say I didn't need it and by the time I got back home
the sun was just starting to break out.

Had my usual walk to town and this early 
Saturday morning it was a pretty quiet walk.


Walked around town and the ball park loop and then headed home.

Lena, her husband, and their dog Molly were out walking.
You may remember me mentioning Rebecca who I see a lot of days,
They are her parents.

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny in the post office parking lot.

☁️     💰     🙂

A few of you mentioned the pretty tree blossoms in 
yesterdays pictures.
They were apple trees.

Apple Blossoms

Did the usual morning chores around the house.

We packed a picnic lunch and ate in the truck in the parking
lot of McDonalds and watched the comings and goings.
There was a continuous line at the drive through the whole
time we were there!!

This afternoon the rest of the sunflower seeds got planted outside.
If only half of them come up we sure will have lots of sunflowers!

I worked out back doing my never ending job of clearing out more of the woods.
It is enjoyable for me and when I stand back and take a look
I feel a sense of accomplishment.

Haven't seen the deer out back for a while but today a few
stopped by. Two hurried right on through but this third
one stopped a while.





Some of the nicest and caring people I know are bloggers.
The one I'm thinking of now is
Deb from A day in the life.
She has been making face masks for a while now and has made
way over 100 of them.
She gives them away to family and friends.
Ken and I are the happy recipients of some of them.
They came in the mail today.
We were expecting to each have one but Deb
made each of us two.
They fit great and are comfortable to wear.
I can't think you enough Deb, you are a blessing.


I will be joining Ken in the Shop and Save come Tuesday
wearing my mask!!

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️

13 comments:

Tom said...

...those deer sure look at home! I friend made us some masks. Karen, wear yours and stays safe.

ellen b. said...

Hats off to Deb and her generosity to send you those great masks! Sounds like a happy walking day, too. Blessings on your Sunday!

Vee said...

Who would have ever guessed that masks would one day be a fashion statement? Or, as my sister-in-law says, "Who will know who the real robbers are?" ☺

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is such a treat to have the deer around like that. Hope your weekend is going well.

dot said...

Beautiful pictures! I couldn't help but laugh thinking of ya'll having a picnic in Mcdonald's parking lot. lol

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am so glad you got the masks and that they work well for you. :-) I think that is so cute for your and Ken to pack a picnic lunch and eat in the McDonald's parking lot. So fun. I love the deer picture. Hope you have a great Sunday. See you tomorrow!

Rose said...

That was so nice of Deb...I would love to have a deer to watch in my yard. LOL Of course they might be eating my flowers...I just love all the rocks at your place.

Granny Marigold said...

How sweet of Deb to send you the masks. The thing about the ones our niece made ( maybe this happens with all the masks) is that the elastic makes my ears stick out like elf ears. My DIL sent me a link that shows you how to make a short piece that holds the elastic behind your head. It involves 2 metal tabs from pop cans and what looks like another piece of elastic.

KEV. Robertson. said...

HI KAREN- Your Stone Bridge that Ken built is terrific- master work. Be good to see the Sunflowers later on. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's been a while since you found a penny.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the apple blossoms and the sweet deer. The face mask are nice, kudos to your friend Deb. The picnic sounds nice. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Have a great new week ahead!

Bill said...

Nice to see the deer back roaming around.
Have a great day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love apple blossom and the deer is sweet.
So nice to receive those masks, well done Deb :)

All the best Jan