Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Another Year


A nice sunny walk to town this morning.
It had rained last night and left everything fresh looking and very green.
55 degrees and calm.


Once I got to town just walked up and down the main road
and up a few side streets before walking back home again.

Saw Rebecca out again.  Sometimes she walks and other days she
runs.  Today was a running day.

The rhododendron bushes in town are starting to bloom.


As I was walking toward home down the main road
Lena was driving to town and stopped to say hi.
(she's Rebecca's mom)
We had a nice little visit. πŸ™‚

Saw a young groundhog run across the road and down his burrow.
Another big old fat one didn't make it when he tried and 
was dead in the middle of the road.

All the usual rabbits, birds, and deer, and those wild turkeys
were around this morning.

Walked 6 miles

🌀     πŸ˜€     ☀️

We went to the Dollar General first thing after breakfast.

Got a load of wash hung up on the line and a some
chili cooking in the slow cooker when we got back.

 


 We had birthday cake for breakfast!!
Today is the 'real' Memorial Day (May 30) not the observed one
and also my birthday. 🎈
69 years old!!





 Ken made my cake yesterday.
A 4 layer chocolate fudge cake with a layer of chocolate 
pudding and another of strawberry jam
topped off with real whipped cream.
Oh my is it very good.
Wish I could give you all a piece! πŸŽ‚

Read some more this afternoon.
Finished the cross stitch except for the outlining.

Used the chili I made in the taco salads for supper.
Nice that the slow cooker of chili gives us three meals!

Missing my mom today.
She ALWAYS called and sang Happy Birthday to me.

That's all for today.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone. ❤️
Comment Replies:
Kev - Yes, I think the bulls are Angus but not really sure.

27 comments:

Rose said...

Happy Birthday! I wish I had a piece of your cake today, too!

Tom said...

...well, a Happy Birthday to you.

Vee said...

Happy Birthday, Karen🎈 Your birthday cake sounds so delicious! That Ken is a good baker.

Granny Marigold said...

Birthday cake for breakfast sounds great to me.

Happy@Home said...

Happy Birthday, dear Karen. Your birthday cake sounds super good. So nice of Ken to make it for you.
My mom and dad always called and sang happy birthday to me too. I would give just about anything to hear that once again. So, I can relate to how you miss your mom's singing to you.
Enjoy the rest of your special day.

ellen b. said...

A very Happy Birthday to you, Karen, and may God bless and keep you! Glad you got a special birthday cake!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend! Now you're only one year younger than me! heehee! You're never going to catch up at this rate! But how sweet of you to want to share your birthday cake! It sounds amazing! I hope you've had a special day and celebrate tomorrow too! Birthday hugs coming your way, Diane

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy Birthday to you That chocolate cake sounds just wonderful , especially since I am hungry.

Debi said...

Happy birthday! Your birthday cake sounds absolutely decadent! Yum. My mom always called to sing happy birthday too and I do so miss it. My dad called this year to sing... the first time he has done that since she passed.

Hill Top Post said...

Happy Birthday to you! Oh, how I would like to have a piece of that oh-so-delicious cake.

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday to you! It is also my moms birthday. She turned 83 and you would never know by looking at her. Cake for breakfast is always acceptable! Enjoy and have a blessed day. πŸŽ‚

KEV. Robertson. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Karen- a busy day for you with lots to do- love to see the Flowers in town. Have a great day there in Western Maryland. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Birthday. Wishing you many more filled with joy, happiness and good health.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Happy Birthday Karen! I hope your day is great! The cake sounds delicious. Enjoy your day, have a great new week ahead!

Bill said...

Happy birthday, Karen. Wishing you many more filled with good health and happy days.

Ruta M. said...

Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had a lovely day and the cake sound delicious. The rhododendrons look so bright and fresh with the water on them. They're the same variety as the bush in our back garden which has just begun to flower.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope that it's a fantastic new year.

Hootin Anni said...

A very happy birthday wish to you from me!

The walk to town with you was special.
I hope the young groundhog was not orphaned by the demise of the other. That flower (I could not begin to spell it right) is spectacular!

Jeanette said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you! That cake sounds delicious!

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday! May your coming year be filled with happy walks and happy thoughts!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Karen- Happy, Happy Birthday! I sent a card. Hope it got to you. Hope you have a wonderful year. So glad your birthday was good. Hugs from UT!

R's Rue said...

Happy birthday.

William Kendall said...

A belated happy birthday to you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many Happy Birthday Wishes.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy Birthday Karen! Save me a piece of that cake!

sharon said...

Happy birthday πŸŽŠπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰

dot said...

A late "Happy Birthday"!