Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, April 05, 2020

Living By Faith


Happy Sunday

A Hymn for this Sunday

LIVING BY FAITH 

I care not today what the morrow may bring, 
If shadow or sunshine or rain,
The Lord I know ruleth o’er everything, 
And all of my worries are vain.

Refrain:
Living by faith in Jesus above, 
Trusting, confiding in His great love; 
From all harm safe in His sheltering arm, 
I’m living by faith and feel no alarm. 

Though tempests may blow and the storm clouds arise,
Obscuring the brightness of life,
I’m never alarmed at the overcast skies— 
The Master looks on at the strife. 

I know that He safely will carry me through, 
No matter what evils betide;
Why should I then care though the tempest may blow,
If Jesus walks close to my side. 

Our Lord will return for His loved ones some- day,
Our troubles will then all be o’er;
The Master so gently will lead us away, 
Beyond that blest heavenly shore. 

 ðŸŽ¶     🎶     🎶

Today it was back to my morning walk to town and back.
Though I enjoy hiking around Happy Trails it is just not the same as my morning walk. 
There is just something about a morning walk watching a new day begin that makes the whole day a better one. 

A Blessed Sunday to all.
A happy and healthy day to you too.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone  🥰

14 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I agree. A morning walk sets the tone for the day.

Vee said...

That is a wonderful hymn to be humming these days...

Tom said...

...stay safe on your walk to town.

Rose said...

That is a good hymn for today...well any day actually.

I can see that the walk around Happy Trails is not the same as a walk with the road stretched out in front of you.

Inger said...

Beautiful hymn for our troubled times.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for sharing that old song. I had totally forgotten about it, but when I started reading the chorus, the tune came back to me.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful shot.

ellen b. said...

Saying amen to the last verse of that hymn! Happy Palm Sunday to you!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am glad you got back to your usual walk today. I love the words to that hymn. Amen! God bless you and Ken with health , safety and happiness this coming week. See you again soon.

Hill Top Post said...

I love my morning walks best too, but sometimes I have to adapt and walk later because of weather conditions. I am sure you are a fast walker so you would enjoy striking out down that old highway that goes on forever.

R's Rue said...

Amen.

Kerin said...

Beautiful... thanks for sharing such a sweet message with us.

~K.

Lisa said...

Great Hymn but can’t remember singing this one. I’m going to go look it up on you tube.
Lisa

Pom Pom said...

God be with you, Karen!