Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Tuesday

Back to driving to town for my walk again this morning.
Left at 6:45 and it was 33 degrees, cloudy, and calm.
Sunrise 7:12

Walked up and down the main road and around town.
A few loops around the ball park and the lower cemetery.
From there I walked up Sale Barn road a ways which I haven't
done for a long time. 


 I've taken lots of pictures of this barn which is on the main road to town.
Took the picture today from Sale Barn Rd.



Turned around before I got to where the two
mean dogs live.

Walked around town again and then back to the car.

Saw Rebecca walking around town again.
Seemed to be more cars around this morning.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     ☁️     ☁️

Right after breakfast we drove to the Shop and Save and did
our grocery shopping.
Actually looked forward to it!
Seemed a normal thing to do.

After lunch the sun came out once in a while and we went outside.
 I got a start on picking up the dead fall and branches and adding
it to the natural fence I've been working on.
First I'm going around getting up the dead fall and branches
from winter on the areas I've already cleared.
Then will start on new areas.


Had another walk around Happy Trails,
this time Ken came along with me.
Came across this green fungi on a dead log.


When we got back inside the house I worked on the
counted cross stitch.
Not much progress today.

This day sure went by fast.
This evening we will continue with a couple more Faulty Towers episodes.
Will make more weave-it squares and end off the day reading.

That's been my day.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

16 comments:

ellen b. said...

It's getting to where we need to state what day of the week it is when we get up since our regular weekly stuff is on hold. Looks like a nice walk in town. I'll have to check out Faulty Towers. Stay safe!

Rose said...

LOVE that view from Sale Barn Rd. What a beautiful scene.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That green fungi looks interesting .

Angie said...

This is the first time I have seen the barn in one of your posts. Such a terrific view. Won't it be nice when every day is "normal" again?

Tom said...

...fungus as a group sure is diverse, I wish that I knew more about them. Stay safe.

Vee said...

The greening has certainly begun there. It looks so nice and springy. Times are pretty strange when grocery shopping is a thrill...hope you found all that you needed.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Another good day. I like the picture of the green funi on the log. See you again soon.

KEV. Robertson. said...

The view across the Valley is very inviting- a great place to live for sure. Whilst your enjoying the on coming Spring- we're soon to be in Winter- lots of rain today and thunder storms. House Bound finding my Hobby to keep me sane- Doctor tomorrow via a Phone Link- no going into a waiting room which is good. Stay well there. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful photos, my favorite is the view in the second shot. Take care, stay well. Enjoy your day!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Faulty Towers never dates, does it? Brilliant comedy.

God bless.

Inger said...

You are creating this good life for yourself. Day after day. It's inspirational to read about your days.

Bill said...

Lovely view of the barn!
Enjoy your day.

Henny Penny said...

I love that picture looking out over the hills and countryside. It is beautiful there. Glad you showed your fence again. You know what amazes me, fences like these actually work. Eli won't even try to go past is. Wish I could build one all the way around our property. Maybe if I live long enough. :)

Michelle said...

Getting out to do a normal thing feels good, so I know what you mean!!

William Kendall said...

I like the natural fence.