Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Snow Drops


Left the house later than usual at 7:00 and drove to town for my walk.
I could have waited 20 minutes and just walked from the
house but didn't feel like waiting!
Temperature was 27 degrees, but no wind and sunny once the sun was up.
So the weather was just fine for walking.
Sunrise 7:28


Walked over to the library first and dropped one of Ken's books down the slot.
Then to the lower cemetery and walked around there twice.
Continued through town over to the industrial park and
walked around there.


Back through town and around the loop at the ball park before
going back to the Jeep and home again.

Saw a mess of Robins and a couple of rabbits.
Sure was nice walking listening to all the birds chirping
their good morning songs.

The first snow drops I've seen.


Walked 6 miles
Found more coins today spread over town.
Quarter
Dime
3 pennies

Retired another pair of walking shoes today.
I have no idea how many pairs I've gone through over the years! 

🌤     💰     🌤

The sun didn't stay around very long and by lunch time
it was just cloudy.

There were a bunch of houseflies in the cabin by the window 
the other day.  I looked up some ways to get rid of them.
One way was to put a tablespoon of sugar and some apple vinegar
in a shallow dish. (used a throw away pie plate)
Today we went up to the cabin and put it out.
We shall see how it works.

Stayed home this afternoon just doing a bit of this around the house.
Got some reading done and made more weave-it squares.
I should have the baby blanket finished this evening.

This afternoon about 3:30 it started snowing!!

That's been my day.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🙂
Comment Replies:
Vee - No lemon or chocolate squares - weave-it squares.

20 comments:

Rose said...

We had wet, slushy snow all day. Well, some ice pellets...it never did amount to anything. The yard had a skim but it all melted.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a beautiful sky in your first two photographs.
Always good to see snowdrops.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

I always love Snowdrops. They won't appear here for another month.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful skies and those little Snowdrops are so cute.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, That is a beautiful sunrise picture. Snowdrops - a sure sign that spring is on the way. Have a good evening and a blessed Sunday. Is your church having services there? All of the churches around here have shut down - no services in person for a while.

Tom said...

...I hope to see snowdrops when I return, they are a sure sign of spring.

Hill Top Post said...

I just absolutely love those first two pictures. Wow! We had rain almost all day long. There was a fine mist when I was walking, but the rain began in earnest as soon as I got home. I don't mind walking in the rain, with an umbrella of course, but Millie doesn't like it at all.

Granny Marigold said...

I hope that sugar and vinegar trick attracts the flies and drowns them. I've tried a similar trap in summer when fruit flies are a problem but it hasn't worked very well for those.
Do you keep track of how many miles you get out of each pair of running shoes? My eldest son trains constantly for marathons and buys new shoes after a certain amount of miles then hands down what I consider perfectly good shoes to me. I have big feet and he has small feet ( for a man at least).

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Three pennies. Well done.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Lovely photos! The sunrise is gorgeous and I love the snowdrops!
Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy, healthy new week ahead.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- the Industrial Park looks very much brand new and well manicured- pristine condition. Very cold here for Autumn being 15Deg C yesterday and raining...Winter isn't far away and it will be cold. Have a great week.

Lisa said...

I love the sound of birds too. They are really singing now.
My husband walks at least 5 miles each morning, but gets an average of 10 in a whole day. He will go through a pair of walking shoes every 3 months. Runs them slick and thin.
He also collects change found. I will always ask him, “how much did you make walking today?”
Lisa

Debi said...

I can't wait til our weather gets warmer and we can open the windows and hear the birds! How long does it take you to walk your six miles?

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen!
I bet you've worn out countless walking shoes. Yay for you!

William Kendall said...

Lovely morning shots!

Adam said...

Not a bad day for coins

Bill said...

I love those early morning sky shots. We just put out some vinegar and dishwashing liquid in a small container to get rid of our flies and it works well.
Have a wonderful evening.

Henny Penny said...

I've never seen snowdrops before. Haven't seen any flies yet, but I'm sure we will. I will try the vinegar and sugar.

Dianna said...

Beautiful pictures of the sunrise, Karen. I'll be interested in hearing how the fly trap works. Sugar and apple cider vinegar...I could see how that would attract them. And a good idea to use a disposable pie pan.

ellen b. said...

What a treat to see those snowdrops! I'll be interested in how that fly mixture works! Stay healthy and safe!