Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Another Glove

Drove to town again at 6:30 for my morning walk.
31 degrees this morning and cloudy.
(31 degrees colder than yesterday morning)
No wind today.
Sunrise 7:16

Town this morning was like a ghost town.
I parked and walked over to the library to put a couple more books
down the shoot and didn't see one car.
Just saw a handful of cars during my whole walk!

Walked up and town all the streets in no special order.
My walk was very random.
Walked up this road which comes out by the school
up the hill on the right.


Put another glove on a post.
They are all still there and this one makes number 6.


This is the first forsythia I've seen just starting to bloom.


Walked around the ball park loop and the lower cemetery.
Was headed to the cemetery on top of the hill and as I passed
the Jeep in the pond parking lot took a look at my pedometer
to see how close I was to 6 miles and it read 6.7 miles.
So that was the end of my walk!

☁️     ☁️     ☁️

Today I made Welsh Cookies.
Will have some for my snack tonight.
Taking a break from ice cream. 
These cookies not only taste good but they are only 40 calories.

Hadn't planned on doing any more puzzles this year but today
seemed like a good idea to get another one started.

Went through some stuff in my craft closet and came across some 
counted cross stitch kits and decided to do one.
Haven't started it yet but will tomorrow.



I have two more library books still to read (started one this afternoon)
and then I'll start on my own pile of books.

Got a few more weave-it squares done today too.

That's been my Saturday.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰 

16 comments:

Tom said...

...with all of those lost gloves, some people need one of those strings that my mom put through the sleeves of my winter coat with mittens on the ends when I was a kid! Take care Karen.

ellen b. said...

Those gloves remind me of socks going missing, too. Those cookies sound good and only 40 calories! Happy weekend to you. Is your church live streaming services?

The Furry Gnome said...

Forsythia in bloom! Wonderful.

Diane said...

What fun pictures and love the gloves idea.

Stay well.

Hugs Diane

Vee said...

Forsythia blooming is a sure sign of spring. Walking through town must almost be an eerie experience. I have hardly seen nor heard a car in my neighborhood and people are few and far between.

Rose said...

I would hate to see myself with counted cross stitch right now. I cannot focus right now.

How many gloves does that make? I think you told not long ago but I don't remember.

I am thinking about getting a puzzle out. I wish Roger liked to work them but he never has.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen,

I like the counted cross stitch you are going to do. Can't wait to see how it looks when you are finished. See you again soon.

Onneli Winter said...

Happy this day to you to <3

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

That was a great walk. Our forsythia is blooming now too, love the cheery yellow blooms. The cross-stitch looks nice! Take care! Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week!

Bill said...

That's funny finding another glove. We find lots of them here too. I wonder if they are missed by the owners. I found some working gloves a few years ago and still have and use them. :)
Have a nice day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Well done with the gloves. Our forsythia has just started blooming too; but it's still very cold.

God bless.

Dianna said...

Happy stitching! :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's good to know that people are practicing safe distances from each other. We need to do our part to stop this virus.

William Kendall said...

It'll be awhile before we have blossoms.

susan q said...

I always post a lost glove when I find one. Our library is closed and we cannot return books either. Forecasting for 1 inch of snow overnight in south central PA.

o2bhiking said...

Looks like a nice Saturday. On one of my group hikes a few months ago, we found a nice pair of glove. I would have left them but one of the guys appropriated them.