Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Walking in the sunshine

When I got up this morning it was 7 degrees F so didn't leave 
on my walk.
It was supposed to get warmer though and the sun was to come out
so I waited till later to go walking.
Sunrise 7:09

Had breakfast, did my usual morning chores and by
10:00 it had warmed up to 20 degrees and the sun was shining.
So that's when I left walking to town.
How nice to walk in the sunshine!!


Once to town walked up and down the main road and passed my old
house.  Then over to the ball park and walked around there 
a couple of times.


Continued on over to the cemetery on top of the hill and
walked around there too.

After I had walked 6 miles I walked over to the library
and met Ken there.
Another DVD and magazine had to be dropped off
and I checked out two more books.

Found a penny

🌤     💰     📚

 From the library we drove over to the lake and had
lunch at Subway.

Back home I finished doing a few things around the house and then made
a few squares and read.

I took this picture last night when we were sitting in our
comfortable chairs reading in front of the fire.

Hope you got to see some sunshine today too.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️ 

15 comments:

Tom said...

...a walk in the sunshine takes on a entirely different feeling. Enjoy your evening Karen.

Hill Top Post said...

Now, that's the good life for sure! I have an old kerosene stove, but yours is in much better condition than mine. We watched the old 1935 David Copperfield movie. The young David was such a sweetie, but he had a hard life after his mother died. My favorite picture today is the second one. I love the blue skies and the farm just over the hill.

Sandi said...

What DVD did you get?

Lowcarb team member said...

It is lovely to enjoy a walk in the sunshine, I enjoyed your photographs.

All the best Jan

Susie said...

We had sunshine yesterday, but it was plenty cold. Today only about 5 minutes here and there. Tomorrow will be a bit warmer possibly wet. You sure had a nice walk. Isn't it heaven to be all relaxed at home when the fire going? We had a nice fire today. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Ruth Hiebert said...

The pictures have a special glow to them when the sun is shining. We did have sunshine, but it was cold and windy, so I enjoyed the sun through my living room window.

Granny Marigold said...

Oh Karen, if you keep taking books out of the library you'll never get your stack of unread books read. *smile*

Henny Penny said...

As usual, your pictures are breathtaking. And, I love that one of you and Ken in front of the fire. It's so cozy. I would have been asleep as soon as I opened the book. :)

Rose said...

Sunshine is like a dose of medicine for me...an we had some today. I told Roger, after yesterday it makes me wish even more that we had room for a wood burning stove. I have always wished we had one but Roger was not that crazy about the idea...and we just never made it a priority. But I LOVE setting by a fire...

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Hey ... another penny.

God bless.

Adam said...

I enjoy all the sunshine I can get nowadays.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful views and hooray for the sunshine! I like your fireplace, looks like a comfy room. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day!

Jeanette said...

The sunshine makes all the difference, doesn't it?

Betty said...

What a beautiful day you had. The walk sounds great.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful winter views!