Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

New Record

A cloudy morning walk and windy at times.
No sun, but no rain, snow, or ice either so not complaining.
Left the house at 6:50.
Sunrise 7:05

Walked to town.
Just down the road from my house I saw 9 deer.
You can see three of them running up at the top of the corn field.

Just walked to the edge of town and then around the lower
cemetery a couple of times and then headed up the hill
to the other cemetery.

Austin is still moving the hay bales on front and back of the tractor
around and he passed me just as I got to the top of the hill.
With bales on both front and back it reminds me of 
the push me pull me from Dr Dolittle.

Most of the geese are down at the town pond but these two
have found their way to the little pond behind the Drane house.


Walked around the cemetery, back to the main road
and home again.

A woman runner passed by me along the main road
who I've never seen before.

A couple of chipmunks ran across the road.
First I've seen in quite a while.

Walked 6.2 miles

☁️     ☁️

It's been a rainy day but it was nice that it waited till after I was finished walking. 

Well we got the trip to the dentist out of the way for another 6 months.
Very happy to report we both had a great visit.
No problems - good healthy teeth and gums.

The gluten free cookies were a hit and two people have asked
for the recipe.
Told them I'd drop it off.

Dentist visit over lunch time so we went a block away and had lunch
at Annie's Kitchen.

Home for a little while and then we were off again to go bowling.
The 6 of us were there again.
This weeks scores:
Mine:
First game 135
Second game was a new all time high score for me
193
Even took a picture of the score - That's me, Kar second line.
Third game back to normal with a 127.

Ken's:
137
135
138

After bowling we all went to Pizza Hut.

Home now for a Frankie Drake Mystery,
sewing strip number 13 on the weave-it bed spread,
and finishing reading David Copperfield.
Oh yeah, can't forget that bowl of ice cream

That's it for today.
Thanks for visiting.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Deb and Agnes - The only camera I use is my cell phone - a Galaxy J7 Aura. 
Deb - Yes, all three gloves are still there.  I plan to put a few more there.  The first one has been there since November.

12 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

That score is a real confidence builder! I hope you can do that well again next time! That's a great shot of the deer on top of the hill. As the days get longer, my energy seems to be returning. I climbed the hill without even breathing hard today.

Rose said...

Congratulations on the all time high score. That is a good score....
While I think of it, I love the header shot now...looking down that snowy road with the two story house...

Love that capture of the deer running uphill.

Also, have you seen the movie Anna and the King? It was on some channel this evening...the version with Jodie Foster. I had seen an older version. I am now sure which I liked best. And this version was 1999...

Deb J. in Utah said...

Bowling is such fun. I would like to go more if I had someone to go with. I'm not sure Charly is up for bowling, but it is fun. Congrats on your high score. Enjoy your evening. See you tomorrow.

Tom said...

...the deer on the ridge is a great image. I gave up complaining long away, no ever paid any attention! Keep enjoying your week.

Granny Marigold said...

I agree, that photo of the deer on the hill is a great one.
Congrats on your bowling score. You had quite a busy day.

ellen b. said...

Woohoo! That's quite the score. Good for you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Congrats on your high score, that is awesome. I love the photo of the deer on the hill. Wishing you a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have been busy today.

God bless.

Adam said...

Good scores

Jeanette said...

Love the deer picture! Congratulations on your high bowling game!

William Kendall said...

The deer are well outlined against that sky.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a busy day.
Well done on your score.

All the best Jan