Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Layout picture

This morning when I got up it was snowing, windy, and 12 degrees F. 
so once again I walked in the basement.

Another scene from Ken's train layout.

Here's the inside of building he is working on today.
The inside is very detailed.
It will be on the edge of the layout and easy to look into when finished.
Will post a picture of the building when he finishes it.


Did my usual chores around the house in the morning.

Went out around lunch time to do a few errands and
had lunch while we were out.
Another trip to the library to return a book and I 
got 2 more out. 
Looking forward to starting one of them later.

Worked on the latest puzzle a little this afternoon.

Last night I did NOT have ice cream for my snack so looking
forward to having some this evening.
If you're wondering what my snack was - popcorn.  🍿
It's been quite a long time since I had popcorn 
and it was good!

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

19 comments:

Tom said...

...another wow, does make all of these objects or does he buy them? I am amazed.

The Furry Gnome said...

I should have a hobby like that!

Rose said...

Ken must have a lot of patience...I guess we all do with our hobbies. It was up to about 40 here today...supposed to be up to 60º tomorrow! And that followed by 3 or 4 days in the 50's.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful detail shot.

Ruth Hiebert said...

If memory serves me right, Ken's trains are in HO scale. That gives a chance for a lot more detail, or at least it makes it a little easier to work with. Jake had N scale, which is so small.

Granny Marigold said...

I don't think Ken will ever run out of ideas for things to add to his train layout!!

Hill Top Post said...

The store in the little community I grew up in had a Mobilgas sign just like the one in the layout. I am impressed with Ken's attention to the smallest details.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The details on ken's train layout is just amazing. I enjoy popcorn, it is a good snack. I hope your day is great, wishing you a happy new week ahead!

Adam said...

I might have popcorn later today.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Mobilegas - that is going back some years.

God bless.

Sandi said...

You all look so small! 😂

Sue said...

OH my! this is so awesome, what fun Ken is having! .
I enjoy both popcorn and ice cream for snacks.
I keep saying I am going to start a puzzle, I love Thomas Kincaid puzzles.
Hope your weather warms soon, we have a warmer forecast this week so I will try and send some your way.
Have a blessed day,
Sue

Jeanette said...

I am fascinated with your husbands train layout! So incredibly detailed! I gave up sweets for Lent (and my weight and blood sugar.) I used to have an ice cream bar every night and I miss them the most!

Bill said...

Lots of detail to see and enjoy in Ken's railroad creation. It looks so real and incredible. I had some popcorn the other night. :)
Have a nice evening.

Inger said...

That is such a fun project Ken is working on. If he loves trains and ever comes West, he must visit our town and the Tehachapi Loop. I'm sure he knows about it. I too love trains and am having fun living in a "train town."

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I always enjoy pictures of Ken's train layout. It is so cool!!
Hope you are having a wonderful Sabbath. We are getting lots of snow. March has come in like a lion. See you soon.

Debi said...

Ken's train setup is amazing!

ellen b. said...

That's a lot of small detail work that Ken does. Popcorn is sounding good right now! Happy March to you.

Henny Penny said...

Ken's train layout is simply amazing. It looks so life-like.