Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 17, 2020

Yellow

Drove the Jeep to town and started walking at 6:45.
A morning for wearing my extra warm jacket,
the temperature was 18 degrees.
Snow flurries during my walk which didn't amount to anything.
Sunrise 7:35



Walked all over town.  
Usually there is a bit of a pattern to my route when I walk
around town, but today it was random with no set route.
Couldn't even write down my haphazard route.
Did cover all areas though.

Ken passed by me in the truck with the church trailer through town.
He went to breakfast with Edd and then dropped the trailer
off at church.

Saw Kathy's car again in the parking lot when I got there to 
drive back home, but didn't see her.

Walked 6.3 miles

🌧     ☁️     ⛅️





I took the ivory and green FiestaWare off my hutch
and replaced it with the yellow.
Thought the yellow would be bright and cheery and remind me of sunshine. ☀️
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 









Then I redid these white shelves just to look at something different for a while.
The picture of the cows above them is a puzzle that we did a couple of years ago.

We've only glued two puzzles out of all the puzzles we've done.














 For the last few days I have been planning to make lasagna for supper
and then when it came time for supper just didn't feel like having that.
Today came along and I finally felt like having it so made it.

Saw a bumper sticker on a car and didn't understand it.
Don't Move Firewood, It Bugs Me.
Anyone else ever see it?


 That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone 🥰

Comment Replies:
Deb - The blankets we make are brought to the local hospital and given to all the newborn babies.  The blankets are given with a little packet that tells about our church and an invitation to visit our church.  Beside making the blankets there are women who go to the hospital and visit the new moms and babies.  Most welcome the visits but some do not want a visit and refuse a blanket.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...a bitterly cold day here, with enough snow to brush of my car. I've always admired FiestaWare and the yellow sure brightens up the room. We have the same bumper stickers here, it about spreading Emerald Ash Borer, a serious pest from China. The insect doesn't easily move, but they love to hitch a ride on firewood. If you look at a map of infestations the sights are scattered with wide areas in between. In New York State you can't move firewood over 50 miles or across the state line.Too many people don't pay much attention to this and ash trees are dying all over the place.

Rose said...

I have never made homemade lasagna...I don't know why.

You sound as cold as we were today...maybe colder. I did not notice the temp early, but think the high was 29. But it felt colder than that. I told Roger I was glad I wasn't pruning apple trees any more. This would have been a day where I would have had a hard time deciding whether to go or stay home!

Granny Marigold said...

The yellow dishes do make a lovely splash of colour.

Happy@Home said...

I'm glad Tom explained that bumper sticker because I was clueless. Now I will be on the lookout for it and if I do come across it will feel so enlightened. It is good to know as that is a shame what is happening to the ash trees.
I love it when you share glimpses around your house. The fiesta ware looks so bright and cheerful. Just what can be lacking at this time of year.

Hill Top Post said...

Now that you brought out your yellow dishes, splashes of yellow seem to be popping up all over the room! I am glad someone explained the firewood bumper sticker, because I didn't know either.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your kitchen hutch with those fun yellow plates. The color of your walls are great. Blue is my favorite color. I like the white shelves and fun things you have on them as well. Have a good weekend!

Vee said...

Love the yellow Fiestaware dishes. I also like your other rearranging. Looks very nice. The baby blankets ministry is a very nice, family affirming one.

Cathy said...

The baby blanket ministry is so lovely. What an accomplishment you must feel when you have finished one and for such a great loving cause.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Did not know about the bumper sticker.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the little bit of snow, looks pretty. Your Yellow dishes are bright and look pretty on display. I am glad Tom explained the bugs on the firewood, I did not know. I was wondering if you glued more puzzles, some are really pretty pictures. Enjoy your day and weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Certainly like your Framed Jigsaw Puzzle of the Freisian Cows- looks great!...surprised that you havn't glued down more Puzzles for display. Lasagna is a favorite as is Fetuchini- esspecially 'Carbonara'. Our third day of Rain here- perhaps signalling the ending of our Drought. Regards. KEV.

o2bhiking said...

Hi Happy-K! I like walking in the cold if it's not windy. You got in a good walk. The yellow is cheerful, and your shelf arrangement is beautiful. The bumper sticker explanation makes sense. Emerald Ash Borer is devastating white ash and other ash trees all over - one more ecological disaster.

ellen b. said...

Fun rearranging. I do like that yellow Fiesta Ware. Thanks to Tom for explaining the bumper sticker and that makes sense. We have signs along the highway warning about transporting home grown apples.

Bill said...

Yellow will brighten a dull winter with some nice colour. Never heard of a bumper sticker like that. We have wood stored in a shed outside and when we bring some of it in, it does have a few bugs on it. Maybe that is what it refers too. I love lasagna and we just had some over the holidays. Wnjoy and have a great evening.

William Kendall said...

Pretty shots!

Here we have a deep cold, and a snow storm moving in through the night.

Carol Henstra said...

Enjoyed your plates and colours. Good for you to walk. Brave lady to do that every day.


Your right what is the use of being sad . A smile is better for others to see and for yourself.

We are having cold days and snow, snow. I visted my hubby five days a week in hospital . It makes his day. I have lunch with him but most days I like to bring my own cup of tea and my own lunch and goodies for him. He has nice hot meales and salad. Some days he eates half. Other days he is hungry like a bear.

Adam said...

It's nice when the pavement is warmer than the snow