Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Ice

Today was a day for walking loops down in the basement.
We had snow and then freezing rain which put a slick
coat of ice over the snow.

Our frozen waterfall.

This is the bathroom window.
So much ice you couldn't even look out of it.


We had planned on going to Morgantown, WV for the day and
eating at Outback but because of the weather we spent the 
whole day in the house.

I finished knitting the scarf I was making for my friend Carol.


Another thing I finished today was the book
 The Gown, a Novel of the Royal Wedding by Jennifer Robson.
If you remember it was the book for my book club next month
that I said I didn't think I would like and that I wouldn't have
picked it to read.
Well reading it sure has changed my mind.
I liked it very much.

Didn't get much else done today.
Hope this weather improves.
Snow I'll take, but this ice is not fun.

Will start another Louise Penny book this evening.
Sure looking forward to my ice cream.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

Comment Replies:
Thanks Tom for explaining the bumper sticker.  Seems like a lot of people didn't know what it meant!!  

16 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like it was a good day to stay in and just be warm and cozy. I love that scarf you knitted for your friend. Great colors. Stay warm and I will see you tomorrow!

Tom said...

...today was no day to be out here, it was COLD! I went out to fill the birds feeders and hurry back in. Stay safe with all that ice!

Rose said...

It was raining hard this morn, but pretty much stopped by about 10:30 or so. Water is standing everywhere there is a low spot in the farm fields and running off where it can.

That scarf is beautiful and looks so warm and snuggly.

Granny Marigold said...

The scarf is so pretty. I have new green mittens, very thick and warm, and today I saw a nice scarf in the right shades of green but when I looked at it closely I saw it was not well made and was actually coming apart. Disappointing.
We finally got to walk again today. I do like being outside!

Vee said...

The second snowstorm with one day in between...hardly gives one time to recover. Still, I am thankful that it is not ice. Hope that your ice melts soon. Hope that you get your Outback day soon.

Hill Top Post said...

How does it go...."The best laid plans of mice and men..." An ice storm here could quickly put an end to my walking streak. However, the waterfall looks beautiful covered in snow and ice. I love the scarf! It was a perfect day to finish it and to read a good book!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We had the same weather, some snow with ice on top. I think it warm up over night, maybe melting some ice. The scarf is so pretty. Louise Penny's book are great, I looks forward to each one when it comes out.

Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's wise to stay in when it is that cold.

God bless. Keep warm.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen-Watched tonight's International News about the severe snow in USA and Canada- seeing your frozen waterfall makes me realize just how cold it can get there in Western Maryland...no rain here today and it has been cool and humid...hoping for more rain. Regards. KEV.

Sandi said...

It is beautiful, though, from inside!

Jeanette said...

We got a bunch of snow yesterday, then rain then freezing temps so everything is frozen! Oh well, winter weather!

Happy@Home said...

Hope the ice doesn't stick around for too long. Your friend will be nice and warm in that pretty scarf. The colors are really pretty together.

William Kendall said...

We had that kind of weather too.

Bill said...

Freezing rain is the worst, good that you stayed in and enjoyed the things you were doing. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Adam said...

Yeah that window looks like its got one of those clear coverings on it to prevent people from looking in. Crazy how that's literally ice.

ellen b. said...

I like the colors in that scarf. That is some serious ice! You are right that ice is not fun and very dangerous. We have icicles that could be weapons.