Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Yarn

Another too cold to walk outside morning so walked in the basement.
No outside pictures from today but here is one from the past 
when we lived in town and had a decent amount of snow.
I'm standing in the front yard.
Think it was 2014.
Left mid morning and we drove down to LaVale.
Did a little shopping at the Walmart.
Bought these storage containers for getting my pantry
organized.  They make a good start and I'll be buying more of them
in the future.  Makes the pantry look neat and tidy.

Went to  Ollie's and walked around there to see if we could find any bargains.
I found this yarn on sale for just $1.99 a skein.
Bought three, will make pretty squares for a baby blanket.

Puttered around the house when we got home.
Did a little of the puzzle and read.

Had supper and now we are off to church.
 Probably won't have time to blog tomorrow.
It's a Fingerprint work day at church from 9 till 9
but I'll be back on Friday.

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone 🥰

17 comments:

Vee said...

Great pop of color for the next baby blanket. I’m glad that pic is not from today. Have a great day tomorrow!

Michelle said...

Been bitterly cold here all week. I wish some snow would come with it, but I doubt that will happen. I always love a visit to Ollie's. They have some great, random stuff.

Tom said...

...we haven't had snow like that in years!

William Kendall said...

That was a lot of snow.

Rose said...

That is a lot of snow...I don't know if I have ever been in but maybe one snow that deep.

I was looking at those containers just the other day!

That is beautiful yarn for a baby blanket

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those yarn colors. Once you have the pantry all organized, I hope you will show us a picture. It might just encourage me to start that project.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that yarn and the storage containers. i may look into getting some of those. I would like to neaten up my pantry too. Have a good day tomorrow and I will see you again on Friday!

Lisa said...

Wow I have never seen snow that deep here. Great deal on the yarn!
Lisa

ellen b. said...

Wow! Now that's a lot of snow in your past! Love those containers.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Too much snow ... and it's too cold!

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

That is a lot of snow. The yarn is pretty. I think you can always use more containers for food, they are nice looking. Happy Thursday, enjoy your weekend ahead.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful yarn!!

Bill said...

That is an incredibe amount of snow, haven't seen that much in years.
Have a wonderful evening.

Pom Pom said...

Yay for yarny bargains! Those will make lovely squares!
I hope you have fun putting together the books!

Henny Penny said...

That snow comes up above your knees. That's deep! The yarn is pretty. Your days always sound happy, whatever you do.

Retired Knitter said...

You know I would pop on over to your blog with a title like Yarn! Great price! I never thought to check at Ollies for yarn. The colors are great.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We had a couple of days that were cold for us....and windy. But it was nice yesterday so we hiked. Felt great to do a longer hike. Love that pretty yarn! You'll like working with it I know! Take care! Stay warm!