Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Puzzle finished and visitors


 Drove into town this morning and started my walk at 7:40.
It was a cloudy morning but was happy to be outside walking.
31 degrees and calm.
Sunrise was 7:18

Headed over to the library first thing and dropped a book down the slot.
Then through town to the ball park loop and walked around there.
Next destination the industrial park at the edge of town.
A nice quiet place to walk around on an early Saturday morning.


An odd looking building.
Looks like they forgot to build the top of it.


Walked back through town and to the Jeep and headed home again.

The only person I saw was a man on a ladder fighting to get some
Christmas lights up on a tall tree and the lights were winning.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     ☁️     ☁️

We finished Puzzle Number One last night.


Haven't started another yet, maybe tomorrow.

A couple we know came by this afternoon to take a look
at Ken's trains.
Kim is one of the librarians in town and her husband Alan
has been asking about the trains for a while so Ken invited them
over so they could see it.

It is always fun to see the expressions on peoples faces when
they first see the layout.
Most have no idea how extensive it is.
Before they see it most think of it as a Christmas train garden
that you put up every year.

 They enjoyed seeing the layout and I gave Kim a tour of
the house as well and then we sat and visited while 
Ken and Alan were down with the trains.

It's been a dreary cloudy day outside but a
happy pleasant day inside!

So ends another good day.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance,
chaos to order,
confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast,
a house into a home,
a stranger into a friend.
 Gratitude makes sense of our past,
brings peace for today 
and creates a vision for tomorrow.
Melody Beattie
Comment Replies:
Art - Walk loops in the basement is much better.  Can't handle treadmills!!!

19 comments:

Tom said...

...cattails are so photogenic! I those flat top building here too, they must be cheap top build. I gave up on lights long ago, they always won! Oh darn, now I'm hungry for some ice cream!

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love that first photograph.
Pleased you finished the puzzle, it looks good.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

I can relate to the expressions when people first see a train layout. I would love to see Ken's.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I would also like to see Ken's train set up and your new home. I am sure you probably posted some pictures of your new home when I was gone from blogland, so I will have to go back and see if I can find them. It is warm and cozy in your lovely home with friends. Sounds so nice. Glad you were able to walk outside. Sunny, but cold day here. We did get out and got some things done. Another small storm expected Monday. It is quite early here for this much snow. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Rose said...

You are making it very hard for me to resist starting a puzzle! I really enjoy them, and have one Sarah got me for my birthday that is really tempting. Besides one or two others. But I find it so hard to stop on one once I start it. But it might do me good to focus on one and forget everything else for a bit. LOL

I love that photo with the cut-off building. The background is so interesting.

Vee said...

The puzzle took you no time at all! When Ken gets the train set up to his liking, perhaps you’ll give us another tour. I remember the one you did the last time. It really is amazing. How good to have visitors and to be able to sit and visit awhile.

Granny Marigold said...

You finished that puzzle in no time at all! What will you do with it now? I always thing there should be a puzzle exchange so one would have a place both to donate and also to choose a new one.

Hill Top Post said...

What a great picture of the cattails! As fast as you got that puzzle put together, you will need several to get you through the winter. :~) I have been looking for puzzles to give as Christmas gifts.

Onneli Winter said...

Happy this day to you <3

Joyful said...

I love the top photo and your finished puzzle. It's so colourful. It's wonderful too that you are now enjoying being hospitable in your new home.

KEV. Robertson. said...

The Jig Saw looks a beaut! Your very fast at doing the Puzzle. ( First Day of SUMMER here). Regards. KEV.

Adam said...

It almost looks like a giant dumpster. I'm not sure who made the blueprints for that one.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the cattails and the cute puzzle. I am sure Ken's train layout is wonderful and he is proud to show it off.
Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Share your photos of the train set - or a video. Well done for completing it.

God bless.

Retired Knitter said...

Nice puzzle. Looks like it wasn’t too challenging. How long will it take to get the full train display set up?

Bill said...

Congrats on finishing the puzzle, it looks fantastic. I love your first photo, it's beautiful.

The Furry Gnome said...

I absolutely love the first picture of the cattails. Isn't it time for some pictures of Ken's train layout or have I missed those pictures along the way?

ellen b. said...

Nice work on the puzzle. My daughter and I started one over Thanksgiving weekend. We had a neighbor once who had a basement devoted to his train display so I understand how much is involved in the mini towns that can be created around a train track. Hope your December started well and the joy of the season surrounds you and indwells you!

William Kendall said...

Well done on the puzzle.