Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 18, 2019

Monday

Out walking at 6:45 this morning.
It was 29 degrees, cloudy and calm.
Sunrise 7:05

Another walk to town.
No particular route just a random walk all over the place,
up and down the streets.

It was pretty quiet around town.

I counted 8 houses for sale!
I feel sorry for all these people trying to sell their houses
and know exactly how they feel.

Didn't see any people or animals around again.
Only took one picture this morning and this was 
a little after 8:00 when my walk was almost over.


Walked my usual 6 miles

☁️     ⛅️     ☁️

Back to the quarry with the dump trailer this morning
and we got 3 more trailer loads.
It takes about 1 1/2 hours for each load,
driving there and back and for unloading.
So that took up most of the day.

I have one of those swiffer mops that I run over the floors 
every couple of days.
I've always bought the cloths that go with them
but today I just put one of my cleaning cloths on it instead.
Don't know why I didn't think of that before.
Now I just have to shake out the cloth and toss it in the washer.
No more buying the cloths.


Stopped at the library to drop off a book and we picked up
the next disc of Mum to watch.
I didn't even look at any more books because didn't want
to check any more out.
I have 3 here at home already.

I've started one of them today.
Careful What You Wish For by Hallie Ephron
and liked it right away.

Had supper at Brenda's this evening,
half price pizza!

That wraps up today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone 🥰

There can be no happiness
if the things we believe in
are different from the things we do.
Freya Stark

Comment Replies:
RK - We have no grand plan for Happy Trails.  We just make it up as we go along.  We will NEVER be finished!!  🙂  

15 comments:

Tom said...

...the braided rug and the wood floor look wonderful!

William Kendall said...

I like that first view.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have used cleaning cloths on my swiller as well. Cuts down on costs and works just as well.

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm sure the cleaning cloths will be just as good … and it does cut down cost doesn't it!

Have a good week.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Great tip for the swiffer. Glad the two of you are young and can handle the quarry hauls!!

NanaDiana said...

I do that with the Swiffer, too. Saves so much money. I love to tag along on your walks with you. xo Diana

Vee said...

Hope that you have all the stones you need. That was a lot of schlepping. Your town must be good about taxation. My town isn’t. Yay for half-price pizza! I think that I need a pizza tomorrow or Wednesday. I did have an Italian sandwich half today. It was a nice change from the usual.

Rose said...

Three loads of gravel is a good days work! I wonder if the houses will sell quickly. I have not heard if things are selling quick now. When my daughter moved from LA to St. Louis, her house did not even get formally listed till someone saw it and wanted it if she would leave her furniture and art. She would not leave her art, but left the furniture as long as they paid her extra. I think it was the second person that had heard about it.

Then when she came to St. Louis, I think she found her house in either about the 2nd or 3 house she looked at.

Then when Lorelei's mom and dad moved, it wasn't the quick sale or quick finding a house, but it was odd things about who they bought from, but I cannot remember the details. Sarah had graduated with an art degree and their first house they bought from an art teacher.

But the one they bought in Indy was even funnier but I can't remember what it was.

Granny Marigold said...

You had such a busy day hauling rocks. Good thing you didn't have to make supper too.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Around here usually houses are for sale in the Spring.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We are always seeing houses for sale in our area. New houses are being built too. Great idea for the Swiffer, I like your floor color. I am hoping for some sunny days ahead. Have a great day and new week!

Lisa said...

Great swiffer idea. The cloths you buy are overrated. I crocheted me a couple that fit around them. They work great and I can toss them in the wash.
Here is the link https://www.lifeawayfromtheofficechair.com/2013/04/crochet-swiffer-pad-pattern.html
Lisa

Bill said...

Selling a house in winter may be tough. We always bought ours in the spring when there are lots to choose from.
Nice photo, I like it!

Adam said...

Neat idea for the swiffer.

Joyce F said...

On someone's blog I saw a pattern for a crocheted swiffer cover. Can't remember whose now. It looked easy. Your idea works too though.