Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Town Walk

Drove the jeep to town again and got started walking at 7:00.
60 degrees, cloudy and looking like rain, and calm.
Sunrise 6:57

Parked by the town pond.
My walk around town was random with no route in my head at all.
Just walked all over the place.
I brought my umbrella and left it in the jeep.
Abut a half mile I felt a few rain drops so walked back to get it.
The drops never amounted to anything so walked back to the
jeep again and left it there.
Made a stop at the library and dropped a book down the slot.
Headed out to the industrial park but saw three dogs running around
up ahead so made a U turn and headed back to town.

Went up and down the side streets
around the ball park loop a couple of times and then up to the
cemetery on top of the hill.
Corn fields surround the cemetery and today I noticed a tractor
out in the field taking down the corn.
Most of the corn grown around town are feed for the animals.
Don't walk around the pond very often because the grass is usually wet,
no so today so walked around the pond.
Took a picture from the opposite side.
You can see the jeep there in the parking lot.
No one else out and about walking or running this Saturday.

On the way home just down the street from my house
I saw the Heron.  
It was on the side of the road near the stream.
I got to watch it take off flying.
What a beautiful sight.

Walked 6 miles
☁️     ☁️
We went out to do a few errands and then stayed home
the rest of the day.

 A mixed weather day here for us.
Cloudy
Rainy
More clouds
and finally late afternoon we saw had sunshine

Put some hot Italian sausages in the slow cooker this morning.
Then for supper sauteed a bunch of bell peppers and onions
to go with the sausages and that was supper.
Ken likes to put them on a sub roll with sauce
but I like to eat it without the roll.

That's it for this day.
A happy day to you!
happyone 🥰

17 comments:

Rose said...

That is such a pretty pic with the pond and the church in the distance. Sounds like a good day, to me. I have messed around all day and been busy but not much to show for it.

Hill Top Post said...

So glad you walked around the pond to get that gorgeous shot! Wow!

Tom said...

...I haven't seen anyone chopping corn yet, a beautiful church by the water. Today I sat in line for two hours waiting to recycle electronic items, everyone in two counties was here.

Jeff said...

I love going along on your walks through your blog. Everything is just beautiful! Take Care ~Jeff

Granny Marigold said...

Cloudy and rainy, that's what we had too only we didn't get the ;ast bit of sunshine. Oh well, we did need the showers.
The church in the distance over the pond makes a lovely picture.

Carol W. said...

I wish I could walk as much as you do! I love your photos you take along your walks! Thanks for sharing!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love your car.

God bless.

doodles n daydreams said...

Lovely pond photo, a good one for a frame I reckon.
Diana

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- a very full day for you- lovely photos there- especially with the Corn Harvest underway...so very green. Some of our inland Towns are about to run out of drinking water (next month) altogether because of the severe drought- and Sydney isn't fairing much better...we're in trouble! Hopefully good rains will return- it is all in the hands of Mother Nature. Best Wishes. KEV.

Bill said...

A beautiful view of the pond, fountain and the church. The Italian hot sausage sounds delicious.
Enjoy your day.

William Kendall said...

Lovely views!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your slow cooker Italian sausages sound like such a good and hearty meal!
We had gone to a nearby lake a while back and there was a lovely blue heron flying with a fish in it's mouth. Such a serene and lovely sight to see!
All of your places to see on your walk are so pretty!

Adam said...

I always hate seeing loose dogs.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Nice walk, I like the view of the pond. It was a good idea to stay away from the dogs. The sausage meal sounds yummy. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead!

Leslie said...

The pond scene is so beautiful!!! You always amaze me with your 6 mile walks. Have a great day!!!

Connie said...

We've got clouds and rain, too. I'm so proud of you for not letting it slow you down from taking your walk. You always inspire me :)

ellen b. said...

Peaceful photo of the pond, fountain and church on the other side. Is that your jeep parked across the water?