Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 07, 2019

Pictures for Rose

Starting my walk this morning at 6:40.
Right now that is the earliest I'll be leaving the house
because that's when it is light enough.
That time will be later and later as the sun rises later.
It was 55 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.

Just passed my driveway I spotted a skunk walking down the road.
When it saw me it waddled into the woods.
Walked to town, through town and up to the school. 
This beautiful rose in a yard caught my eye.
This wishing well has been made on the site of an old house in
town that was taken down last year.
Seems odd to have it built there.
Ken thought maybe it is the start of a little sitting park.
We shall see.
It is right next door to a church and I'm wondering if the church
owns the land.
If you thought I walked up the stones to look in the well,
you would be right!
Nothing in the well, a concrete floor with a drain in it.
 Passed by someone hanging clothes on the line.
A common occurrence around here but what was not common was that
it was a man hanging the clothes up.

Walked through the school parking lot and then down toward
the Diary Farm which up ahead on the right.

These pictures are for you Rose.
In this picture you can see they haven't painted this side of 
the fence yet.
If I kept walking I would have walked the Farm Loop
but turned around here at the farm and walked back to town.
Walked around town a bit more and finally to the town pond
where Ken picked me up.

Walked 6 miles
⛅️     ⛅️
Ken finished up the trim around the window
and I finished painting the cinder block this morning.
Ken is now working on the dry stone wall.
Will take a picture when all is completed.
It may take a while because he needs a LOT of stones.

I had an easy afternoon.
Did some reading.
Watched the deer out back.
Walked around outside.
Watched Ken work.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
Rose - The Brokenwood Mysteries was okay.  We will watch a couple more episodes before we decide to watch the whole series.
The squirrels I saw yesterday were the gray ones.  There are a lot of the red ones here and they are so tiny at first glance you might mistake them for chipmunks.

Vee - The cinder blocks painted up pretty easily.  We used Sherwin Williams paint. 

17 comments:

Tom said...

...the road in the third picture sure is a straight shot, I wonder is kid drag race there.

Vee said...

I have been hearing good things about the SW paint with primer built in. BJ almost has me talked into painting a few pieces of furniture. Once I get the A-okay.

That little park area looks nice. What else could it be? I laughed to think that you marched right up there and looked in!

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a lovely rose …

All the best Jan

Rose said...

Thank you so much....I really wanted to see it more up close. and love having the fence leading into the photo. It sure is a big barn. And don't you know a lot of work goes on there!

When Roger was young, he may have been in kindergarten, but not sure if he was any older, his dad drove a truck for the Co-op and he picked up milk. (Roger got to go with him occasionally.) Back when it was in the big tin cans when he first began...I forget what Roger's mom used to say...that the cans weighed more than half his body weight or almost as much as him! (Roger's dad was not a big man)

I also love that shot looking down the road...

I was so hoping you really liked the Brokenwood Mysteries...and maybe you will after a couple...sometimes it takes a bit to get into one.

Susie said...

Gee of all the pictures, you certainly should have gotten one of the fellow hanging out laundry. That would be so rare. When you said you watch Ken working, made me think of a funny saying my father in law used to quote..."work fascinates me, I could watch it all day. " Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Happy@Home said...

Always interesting to see what you encounter on your walks. Glad the skunk decided to waddle away. The wishing well is intriguing. It looks like the start of something cute.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It will be interesting to see what happens around that little wishing well. It could become a very pretty spot.

Granny Marigold said...

Once I asked my husband to hang his work clothes out on the clothesline but I had a problem with the way he hung them. A pair of jeans then one sock, then a T shirt ( hung by the shoulders) , then another sock... you get the picture. Now I do any hanging up of clothes!

Hill Top Post said...

I would be wearing a jacket at 55 degrees, but of course a six mile walk would soon warm one up. Every day your pictures are so wonderfully different, but I love them all...

Adam said...

Pretty flower

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Put some water in the well and throw pennies in it.

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the beautiful farms and huge barns! Hope you have a blessed Sunday my friend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the view looking down the road and the farm. It is nice to watch the deer in your yard. I do not see red squirrels here only gray. Have a happy day and a great new week!

Sue said...

What a beautiful place you live around, I love to see dairy farms , we used to have quite a few in our area, but all have closed now, so sad.

Read your last posts, I am so amazed at all the work you and Ken get done!

Our tomatoes didn't do well this year I ended up buying from a local farmer.

I believe I remember Joanne Fluke, was she once an actress who turned author.
Orange snaps sound delicious, if you make them please let us know how you like them, and share the recipe. I am always looking for new cookie recipes.
The sunflower patch looks great my dh planted ours late we are hoping they bloom.
Hope you are having a great Sunday,
Blessings,
Sue

ellen b. said...

Well, you have gotten our imaginations going on what is going to happen around the wishing well. Seems lately the week speeds by with no time for me to sit and keep up with my blog visits. I'm doing catch up again. Hope this new week is a good one for you!

Bill said...

The rose is very pretty. The roses are now gone from our area.
Enjoy your day.

William Kendall said...

Skunks get a bad rep, but I like seeing them.