Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Morning walk and a mini walk

Left for my morning walk at 6:45
66 degrees with sun and clouds and a little breeze
Sunrise 6:56

My walk took me to the edge of town and around
both of the cemeteries a few times before
heading back home again.

Friend Lena had just ended her walk as I was getting to town
and was getting in her car.
We stopped and had a little chat.

The edge of the road on the way to town has been mowed again.
All the pretty weeds are gone.

Coming out of the cemetery.
Only saw one deer today.
Walked 6 miles
🍄     🍄
Ken had a church meeting to go to and I went along with him
but he dropped me off at the library in Oakland and picked me up 
later when the meeting was over.
Oakland is about 20 miles down the road from where we live,
and also where our church is.  

I read for a little while in the library and then decided to go
for a little walk.
Lots of nice big old houses along some of the back roads.
The old train station in town.
Went back to the library and read until Ken came and picked me up.

Did some house stuff when I got home but not much,
 really wasn't in the mood to be inside working.
 So I ended up outside watching Ken do some woodworking work
and walked around the yard.

Hope you enjoyed your day.
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
DianeNW - Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. 🙂

15 comments:

Rose said...

That old train station is a beauty. I don't think I have ever seen one that wasn't attractive. In the photo above it, that looks like a very interesting house!

Tom said...

...I'd like to see more of the pink house!

William Kendall said...

Pretty shots!

Hill Top Post said...

At least the highway crews don't spray your grass so there is nothing but dead brown grass and weeds. I grumble about it, mostly to myself, and imagine myself organizing a march of protest to the court house where the county judge's office is. His wife was one of my school pals and I mentioned it to her once. She said there's just not enough money to keep road crews out mowing all summer.

Rose made an interesting comment about how attractive all the old train stations were. I have always thought that too. When the station was closed in our little town, the school bought the station, which was a small one, and had it moved onto the campus. During the years I taught school there, I always admired that old building where art classes were held.

diane in northern wis said...

Wow .... you walk more than anybody I know. Good for you. When I'm feeling a little better I'll start walking again! Love the pic of the houses in town.... so pretty. Thanks for your blog!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh! I love the looks of that old train station.

Vee said...

Charming town! I beat your deer record today, but won’t be able to prove it because I get too excited to get my camera going.

Joyful said...

I like the look of the corn fields. The sky is so pretty too.

Adam said...

I feel I read better inside a library.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty views, I like the train station! Beautiful clouds and sky shot.
Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful buildings. Great photos throughout.

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

You really do have the most beautiful places to walk. I've just read your back posts I missed...those deer are so tame to walk around and eat while you are out there working. Love the picture of you working at the church. Can't believe how much your hair has grown out. It's pretty. Those are some tall trees Ken cut down. We have more trees that need to be cut here.

ellen b. said...

Love the field of corn. It's nice that you found a nice neighborhood to walk around while you waited for Ken. Hope your Friday is going well.

Bill said...

Beautiful photos from your day. I like the old train station, it looks well cared for. The porch on the pink house is huge, a wonderful place to sit and watch what goes by. :)
Have a wonderful day.

Granny Marigold said...

My but the roadside in the first picture are amazingly neat. Mowing gives a much better result than spraying!!