Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Couldn't Walk

Wasn't able to get my morning walk in today.
We left for Staunton, VA first thing.
The church trailer was hitched up to the truck and loaded with
a pallet of boxes of the Romans books we assembled during
the Fingerprint Ministry.

Dropped them off down at the warehouse 
and picked up another pallet of books to assemble.
(20,000 more)
Will start assembling them on Thursday.
Other churches involved with this ministry just call it
Assembling Scriptures.
Our pastor put the name Fingerprints to it because of all the
fingerprints on all the books from the people who put them together.

Since it is over a 3 hour drive one way that is about all we
had time for today.
We always find it amusing that when we are in the car for 
most of the day sitting down,
when we get home it feels so good to sit in a chair!!

Took this picture from the top of our driveway when we got home.

 Looking forward to getting back to my walk tomorrow.
I really don't like missing a day!!

Hope your day was a sunny and happy one.
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
Rose - the weeds popped up there by the stone bridge on their own.

17 comments:

Rose said...

I have had that same thought about why does it feel so good to sit in a chair after sitting all day...maybe because we aren't driving? Depending on where the driving is done, it is not always relaxing.

Those weeds are pretty! Will be interesting to see what they do if you leave them.

Michelle said...

I don't know what it is about a road trip that makes one so tired, but it wears me out! Glad you had a safe trip!!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Both pictures are beautiful. I love the first one especially.

William Kendall said...

That's a long drive.

Tom said...

...a drive of this length years ago was nothing for me, things have change over the years though.

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely cloud pictures!!

Phoebes World said...

I feel the same way when I cant get out on my walks... I feel like Im missing out on something!

What a lovely view from your driveway..a perfect picture

Phoebe x

Angie said...

I really understand how it feels when you miss a day of activity. But it sounds like it is for a very worthwhile cause. And I like the name "Fingerprints"!

Hill Top Post said...

Wow again! I am loving your early morning shots. I used to want to travel, but got over that way back. You can probably guess that I don't get far from home.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

20,000 books? Do you buy these and send them on to people who need them? Are they religious books?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a long drive. I try to keep a walking routine. But, you Fingerprint work is worthwhile. Your views and photos and pretty. Wishing you a happy day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Love the scenic Photos. I do not drive long distances these days- in fact I rarely get out of out town in my car...I use to do a regular 440km run up to my Brother's at Tamworth NSW each Christmas...sadly my Brother passed away some fifteen years ago. Odd isn't it - we sit for hours in a vehicle and the first thing we do upon reaching our destination is to sit down! Guess we're creatures of habit. Have a great week. Cheers. KEV.

Lisa said...

I like the name "fingerprints". I would love to see one of those books.
You are doing a good job.
Lisa

Adam said...

I hate any drive over 40 mins, especially if I don't know the way.

Bill said...

Fingerprints is wonderful name for the ministry work you help with. Walking is habit forming. I hate missing a day too but days when the weather is bad, I still try to get a shorter walk in and that keeps me happy. Lovely view from your driveway, I like it. Enjoy your day.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think both of your photographs are lovely.

Three hours sitting in a car is a long-time!
Have a great walk tomorrow.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

That's a great act of service...