Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 05, 2019

Wet and Dry

62 degrees this morning with a mix of sun and clouds when I walked.
Just a slight breeze which felt nice.

Walked to town and then up to the school.
Lisa was running and caught up to me and then walked with me till I got to the school.
Then she continued with her run and I turned in at the school which was my turning around point.
Took this picture from the back of the school.
A little bunny along the way sitting on the side of the road.
Saw a bunch of deer, one of them running down my driveway as I left the house.
🦌     🦌
I got some stuff done around the house in the morning and Ken was working out back.
I went out but didn't do anything except watch Ken because it was close to lunch time by the time I made it outside.

After lunch we went to the Shop N Save and picked up some ice cream that was on sale.
It is only 7 miles away and on the way home we went in and out of HEAVY rain several times. 
In between the rain the roads were DRY! 
I've never gone in and out rain so many times in that short a distance and we couldn't help but laugh about it all the way home.

Had a few thunder storms the rest of the day with a little sun in between storms. 
Sat on the porch a while.

Got some more weave-it squares made and now there are 7 rows on the baby blanket with just 3 more rows to go.
 
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone 🥰

15 comments:

Inger said...

That's a tiny bunny. I have them here too, just babies, so cute. I have had a nice day, thanks.

Tom said...

...love the first image! 90F here today and then thunderstorms rolled in, I got wet two ways!

Rose said...

You are really moving right along on the baby blanket. wonder how many babies have been kept warm and snuggly with you weave-it blankets? A lot just since I have 'known' you. Isn't it strange to go in and out of rain like that? I did that once going to work, but it was about 12 miles away....but I don't know how many times it was. That is a long time ago...but like you say, dry pavement and sunshine in between.

Dianna said...

We've had those thundershowers off and on all afternoon and evening here. It looks as if it may clear off now.

Vee said...

First time ever reading your blog that I am sitting here with a small dish of cookies and cream ice cream. Just a little goes a long way these days. I have seen the rain pour down behind my neighbor’s house and never come to mine. Enjoy the weekend!

Sandi said...

Sweet bunny!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- The Farm Land there looks very green and productive- guess that after the Summer Rain things look so fresh and healthy. We're still in Drought. KEV.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Rain can be so very patchy. Guess you saw that first hand today.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a splendid weekend.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty views and photos. I love the cute bunny! Enjoy your weekend!

Retired Knitter said...

We have had some thundery storm here - downpours really - but it never cools it off!

Adam said...

Cute bunny

William Kendall said...

Hello, rabbit!

Granny Marigold said...

Strange weather. More Spring-like than Summer. Once we noticed it was raining in the front ( or maybe the back) yard and not in the other.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like the weather we've been having.