Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Saturday

Up and out this morning at 6:30 for my walk.
58 degrees and mostly sunny.

A walk down the hill and then up the hill to town.

Nice to see one of the old houses right on the main street getting some work done to it.
Hope it gets a whole new make over!
Walked through town and passed the old house.
Then went behind the house and walked the roads up that way.
Then it was back home again for my usual 6 miles.

I was walking along thinking I haven't found a penny in quiet a long time.
I no sooner got the words out of my mouth (yes, I talk to myself) when I looked down and there was a penny in the middle of the road!!!

Rebecca was out walking and we stopped for a brief chat.
💰     💰
While I was hanging the laundry out on the line this morning, the twin fawns were wandering around very near me.
I just kept on hanging the clothes up and they never did run away.

Worked out back today.
Just too nice to stay inside.
We are making a path up to the fire pit we made for grilling.
Lined part of the path with rocks and put wood chips there which we made with our chipper.
This is what we have done so far.
The fire pit is hard to see because it is in the shadows.
We roasted hot dogs over the fire for supper and had baked beans to go with it.
Then I roasted 3 marshmallows to a golden perfection.
One marshmallow is only 25 calories!


We ran out of ice cream so no ice cream today, but we have a cantaloupe and will be having that for our snack tonight.

That's been my Saturday.
Hope your day was sunny and bright.
happyone 🥰

12 comments:

Rose said...

That is a great picture of the deer...it looks like it is stomping its foot like they do when scared. I hope they redo that house, too, so you can show it to us. I would love to see inside. It looks huge.

The rock path back to your fire pit..the area reminds me of this patch of woods we played in as kids. We called it The Thicket...it was cedars and pines, and had a lot of rocks. (and poison ivy!) It belonged to a friend of the family. It was not huge, but 5 or 6 blocks long and maybe a bit wider. Anyway, your photo takes me back to it, even though it isn't cedars and pines. It is the rocks and the way they are scattered about that reminds me of it.

Are you liking your new phone?

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh how special to have the deer come close to you without fear. My day has been very hot, so not much has gotten done.

Tom said...

...I talk to myself too, do you answer?

NanaDiana said...

Great pictures, as always. I love that old house in town...it is just stately looking. How funny about finding the penny-God was listening? Hope you have a great rest of the weekend. xo Diana

Vee said...

Oh that old house looks like the perfect candidate for a makeover...it has good bones and lots of style.

Yay for the penny after so long. If I lived in your town, I’d be chucking all my pennies out the car window as I drove down the street. 😉

Cantaloupe...wish I had some...sounds so good.

Phoebes World said...

What a beautiful place to live. To come so close to a deer that you can take a lovely photo is amazing
I love that old house. It has so much character and is just gorgeous
Phoebe x

Joyful said...

That sounds like a lovely Saturday with nice enough weather to stay outside. It was nice that you had the deer to keep you company. Here it is quite hot and humid for me right now and I'm indoors trying to make progress on my big decluttering project. I'm so glad to get rid of a lot of thing. It feels lighter in here already not to mention less dusty Wishing you a wonderful Sunday.

monica said...

Is that old house in Accident?
If so, it's a really small world.
Wow! :)

Hill Top Post said...

I really don't see anything wrong with talking to oneself. After all, We are our own best friend, aren't we? Actually, I talk to my dog. She seems to like it, but won't talk back.

Well, I think the new camera phone passed the test, for today's pictures are just as good as ever. My favorite one today is of the new path to the fire pit. I am looking forward to seeing that one finished.

eileeninmd said...

hello,

Pretty photo of the deer. I like the porch on the old house. Cantaloupe is one of my favorite summer fruits. Looks like a nice trail to your fire pit.
Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead!

ellen b. said...

Lovely views from your walk. I'm always amazed at all the coinage you find on your walks!

William Kendall said...

Very pretty flowers!