Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 26, 2019

New phone

This morning I walked to town and it was 58 degrees and sunny.
Walking up the highway Ken passed me in the truck and gave me toot on his way to Denny's for breakfast with Edd.

Some cows along the way.
These belong to Farmer Marvin and he has a few fields and pastures scattered around here and there.
A couple of weeks ago I found this ball cap on the shoulder of the road and hung it here by the guard rail.
It is still there.
Walking down the main road here in town.
Continued on to the ball park and walked around there a couple of times, made a stop at the old house and then headed back home.

The woman I saw the other day walking her dog was out again this morning.
Maybe she will be a regular now.
We've said a few words to each other as we pass by.
That is usually how walking friends start.
Before long I'll know her name and we will stop for a chat when we see each other.
I've met a lot of people in town that way.

Saw a few deer, some gold finches, and a couple of monarch butterflies on the milk weed flowers on the side of the road.
🦋     🐄     🌺
We had, or I should say Ken, had a garage sale a couple of Saturday's ago at the old house.
The stuff that was left over he took to the action today that him and Edd go to after breakfast.

I made myself a chocolate pancake with syrup and a dollop of whipped cream for breakfast which I thoroughly enjoyed.

A nice sunny morning in the 70's but a good bit of rain in the afternoon followed by more sunshine late afternoon.

I've been needing a new phone and this afternoon I got one.
You would think a new phone would be a good thing but I dreaded getting a new one and having to learn how to use it.
I spent a couple of hours playing around with it this afternoon and happy to say all went pretty well.
Figured things out with a minimum of frustration!

That's about it for today.  In the morning on my walk I'll be trying out the camera on the new phone.

A happy sunny day to you.
 happyone 🥰
Cone Flowers are the old house
Comment Replies:
RK - At times I DO miss my Corvette but it is just not practical for up here.  I'm happy to have been able to enjoy driving it for 16 years!!

GrannyMarigold - That is exactly what we did, had a nice bowl of ice cream last night!

Connie - The cabin we built is on our property about 1/4 mile away from the new  house.  We use it as a guest cabin which gets used by our son David.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I have a basic flip phone so there is almost nothing to learn and that suits me just fine.

Vee said...

You did very well with your new phone! I made my daughter do my new phone. 🙃

Hope David visits often to enjoy the cabin. It always has seemed idyllic to me.

Rose said...

I must be crazy...I did not remember you getting rid of your Corvette!

Okay, just looked back and think you got rid of it while I was not blogging. I bet that felt so strange to sell it/trade it in. Whatever you done.

NanaDiana said...

What a nice day for a walk. It is amazing how/where we meet strangers that become friends. I met my very best friend in a laundromat when we both had 1 year olds...and have loved her like a sister since that day.

Glad hubby was able to get rid of a few things and I think it is great that he has breakfast with Edd. It is important for men to have friends, too. xo Diana

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hope you enjoy your new phone as much as I do mine.

ellen b. said...

Good for you for figuring out your new phone. My kids help me out a lot with technology. Pretty soon my granddaughter will be able to help me. LOL!

Hill Top Post said...

The new phone camera certainly will have a hard act to follow to take pictures as well as the old! I surely did enjoy yesterday’s pictures taken on the farm route!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the view of the cattle. The flowers at the end are beautiful.
I am holding out for a new phone, I refuse to pay $800-1,000 for a new iphone.

Enjoy your weekend.

Happy@Home said...

Always good when you can figure out a new tech gadget with minimal frustration.
Your coneflowers look so pretty. Nice to see those monarchs on the milk weed. I am nursing along a little milk weed seed now hoping to transplant it when it gets bigger. I'd like to do my small part to help out those beautiful butterflies.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The coneflowers are gorgeous! It's hard to learn a new device! Hugs!

Sue said...

I got a new phone at Christmas, took my time switching things over, and I am still learning new things.
Your town looks so neat and peaceful! and your views are always so lovely, have a blessed weekend.
Sue

William Kendall said...

The cone flowers are lovely!

Adam said...

It'll probably be there until the next tornado

Debby Ray said...

Beautiful photo of those purple coneflowers, one of my favorites. Enjoy your new phone!