Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Corn Feet

🚜     🚜
59 degrees this morning, cloudy, and a bit of a breeze on my walk.
Once again I walked to town, around the cemeteries, ball park loop, and back roads.
Got my 6 miles in while still in town.
Ken was in town so I rode back home with him.

Lisa was out running again and we waved as we passed on opposite sides of the highway.

Walking up to the cemetery on the top of the hill, I walked between two fields of corn.
Did you ever notice what I call 'feet' on the corn?
A close up view of those wrapped rolled hay bales 
that from a distance look like giant caterpillars.
🌽     🌽
After lunch we went up to our cabin at Happy Trails which is about 1/4 mile from the house. 
There is still a few things that need finishing and we made a list of things we needed to do to complete it.  
Since moving into the new house we been busy doing things there and just never got around to the cabin.
We should be able to get everything done in a few days.

Started another book from the library called The Quiet Game by Greg Iles.  
It is the first book in the Penn Cage series.  
So far so good, got into it on the very first page.

Sat on the front porch and ate small vanilla ice cream cones.
Life is Good
🚗     🚘
In comments yesterday some of you mentioned wanting a red car or liking red cars.
I thought about all the red cars I've had.
We've had quite a few different color family cars but every car that was mine has been a red and black one.
The first car that I bought was a 1970 red Dodge Challenger.
Since then I've had a red Sentra (don't remember the year),
A red 1994 SC2 Saturn coop,
my red 2002 C5 Corvette,
and now the 2018 Renegade Jeep.
It's a color I never get tired of.
Can you guess my favorite one!?  😃
🚘     🚗

That's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  🥰

20 comments:

ellen b. said...

I'm torn between saying your favorite was your first car or that corvette. I've only had one red car and that was a VW bug. Thanks for that view of corn feet!

Tom said...

...we have some tall corn like yours, but some is barely up because of late planting due to the wet spring.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the corn feet :)
I think your favourite car is the Corvette.

All the best Jan

Sandi said...

I have never noticed corn feet!

Happy@Home said...

I don't think I've ever been close enough to a corn plant to notice it's feet. I think the favorite red car is the Corvette.

Granny Marigold said...

I had never noticed that corn has "feet". They look rather creepy.

I must agree with the other comments, I'm guessing the Corvette was your favourite.

Hill Top Post said...

You definitely seem like a corvette kind of girl, so that’s my guess! I would like walking through the fields of corn.

Rose said...

I had not noticed corn feet in years, had never called them that, but that fits perfectly.

Angie said...

As I write this, I am enjoying some pistachio ice cream. It is not something I do often, but it was hot today and this is a treat! Yes, I have noticed corn feet before, and it just makes me wonder how many "toes" must be under ground to hold up those tall stalks! Enjoy the rest of your week.

Adam said...

The quiet game is the best game for noisy children.

Vee said...

With the corn that high, your views are really closing in. I have not noticed that corn has feet, but I am going to be paying better attention from now on.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The photo of the two fields of corn is impressive.

God bless.

Phoebes World said...

Cool photos. Im a walker too... but in a city. I would love to walk in the country again...so much to see.
And Im guessing corvette too....who's right?
Phoebe x

Sue said...

Corn feet have always fascinating me, I have often wondered why they grow above ground. I also love to smell corn growing in the fields, you have such beautiful views while walking.

I think your favorite color might just be red. Have a blessed day.
Sue

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos.

Aritha V. said...

Never see such a giant caterpillars.

Debby Ray said...

I too, discovered corn feet a few years ago as I was getting some photos of some morning glories that were growing there. I never knew this about corn but those feet are really cool!

Kerin said...

I always love your pictures ane hearing about your walks.

Your Corvette was your favorite car, right?

Smiles :)~K.

Lisa said...

OMGoodness. I am laughing over here. I never knew corn had feet! Im dying....
Lisa

William Kendall said...

I didn't know about corn feet!