Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 29, 2019

One Fine Day

Another great morning starting out with a walk.
64 degrees, a mix of sun and clouds 
and that nice breeze.

Walked to town and around the cemetery up on the hill
and then around town before heading back home again.

This made me smile as I walked by.
A quiet walk around town this early Saturday morning.
Didn't see anyone else out and about.

No deer this morning, but lots of rabbits.
πŸ¦‹     🐝     🐞
Made pancakes for our breakfast this morning.
Nice having them again cause it's been a while since I made them.

Ken went up to the tractor barn and brought the chipper down.
He did some chipping and put the wood chips around the lemon
grass and the asparagus.

I had to get a few things done inside the house and did them
as quickly as I could so I could get outside to my job of
clearing more brush out.

The wash dried super quick with the sun and the breeze.
They even felt warm like they had just come out of a dryer!

We took a break and went to Burger King and ate
spicy chicken sandwiches for lunch.
Stopped in at the Shop and Save before coming back home.

Then back outside.
 It's been another great day for outside work.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone πŸ₯°
Comment replies:
Dianna - Yes, letting my hair grow, at least for now.  I never keep it the same for very long. I like being able to put my ponytail out the back of my ball cap in the summer.  Keeps it out of my face.

John - Work here at Happy Trails will NEVER BE DONE! πŸ™‚With 21 acres there will always be something to do and that is just the way we like it.  Working here is our fun!

ChipButter - Sunday is church day so we have a day of rest from work. God in his wisdom gives us the day off. πŸ™‚ 

Aritha - Yes, that's me!!

RK - YES, glad that Happy Trails is our last move.  Do you remember that you and another blogger were the ones to name our property HT? πŸ˜ƒ

14 comments:

Tom said...

...round hay bales are everywhere here too!

Rose said...

Love that opening shot...and love the duck in the pool...just makes a person smile to see it.

Vee said...

Yes, it was a beautiful day here as well once the morning fog burned off. I remember those BK sandwiches...I used to love them. Maybe it's time to revisit them.

ellen b. said...

Seems like most days around here are outside days. I think I'm really going to appreciate winter more this year. :)
Glad you are enjoying your days outside getting your property ship shape!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We finally got a hike in this morning and it was in the 70s! Felt so nice for a change after a rain last night. You are having the best weather for getting outside! Hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your walks are constantly yielding such lovely pictures.

Happy@Home said...

Sounds like a great day! That big duck in the pool was a happy sight :).

Granny Marigold said...

We had a fine day here too! And I made pancakes but that was at lunch time when my youngest son was here helping his dad put in the range hood. That boy ( well, man) can eat pancakes!!! When he's here I know just what to make.

Dianna said...

Your pictures are awesome as always...and I'm glad you had a nice walk today. My exercise today was putting mulch out in my flower gardens and beds. Beautiful weather for it.

I love it that your work is your fun! That is the way we should all view work...and do it as unto the Lord. :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like that duck. Rather large.

God bless.

Retired Knitter said...

I do remember! That title just popped right into my mind when you were looking for a name. It fits.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So nice to have 64 degrees in the morning! Our rain has stopped here and we are now with temps in the 100s. I need to be getting weeding done........but the heat causes me to avoid what I should do. Always love those pool floaties! LOL Have a nice week ahead!

Adam said...

Cute duck

William Kendall said...

Your first shot is my favourite.