Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 22, 2019

No Sale

Sure was nice to be walking in the sunshine this morning.
Temperature was 52 with a slight breeze.
For me walking weather doesn't get any better than that.
Walked to town and stopped in at the post office to drop some
mail down the mail slot.

Walked up the hill from the post office to the school
which is where I turned around and walked back home.
Stopped to talked to a friend of ours who lives on the road
down from the school.
He had just finished washing his 18 wheeler cab and was just
starting on his car and it was only a little after 7:00!!

Took this picture across the street from the school.
The arrow is about where our house is on the other side of that hill.
Walking across the fields it probably wouldn't even
be a mile, but walking home on the roads it is 3 miles.

Finally a nice day to get some laundry done and hung out on the line.
What a beautiful day. ☀️
We went with the dump trailer this morning to get another load
of gravel for burying another drainage pipe out back
but when we got to the quarry was closed.
We thought it was open half a day on Saturday.

The weather was great for being outside so we spent the day
working out back.
Ken on his tractor part of the time and we started a fire
and got some old scrap wood burned.
I did more clearing of our woods.
I've cut down a LOT of sticker bushes.
 Since we haven't had homemade pizza in a while so we decided to 
make some for supper this evening.
mmmm Ken makes a great pizza.

We had a bit of bad news this afternoon.
More of a disappointment.
The sale of the house didn't go through after all.
They pulled out of the deal
so we are back to square one.
Oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be.

Hope your Saturday was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

23 comments:

Rose said...

I a sorry the house sale fell through. I am sure you would like to be done with that. And don't you just hate thinking something is open, and going without calling and getting there and finding out it has closed.

I love that first photo....how it shows sunshine and shadow.

Anonymous said...

It will sell to the perfect person! Sorry for the disappointment... I sure wish I had someone to make pizza for me!!! Diana

doodles n daydreams said...

You have such a lovely area to walk in. I'm sorry your house sale didn't go through but the right person is still out there somewhere :) I'm hoping we will have fish and chips for tea tonight, we haven't had them for a while.
Diana

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sorry to hear that the sale did not go through. It must be waiting for the perfect people to make this house their home.

Granny Marigold said...

Sorry about the sale of your house falling through. Hopefully one of these days.....

Hill Top Post said...

I surely do admire people like you and the 18-wheeler guy who get up early and get their work done early. My mother was like that, but I have to take my time over breakfast before I can really get going. You continue to amaze me with all of your beautiful scenery shots. No two are ever the same.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- A bit of bad luck that the sale of your old house didn't go through..not to worry -there will be other buyers soon...you sure live in a nice spot- all the more reason why someone would also want to live there and purchase the old house. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

So sorry to hear about the house sale. Have patience. Persevere. Trust in God.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the view of the hill during your walk and the pretty sky. The homemade pizza sounds delicious. Sorry about loosing the house sale. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Have a great new week ahead.

Tom said...

...dang, awful news!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm very sorry too! But the right people will come along...just hope they come soon! Enjoy your Sunday sweet friend!

Dianna said...

I'm so sorry that things didn't work out with the sale of your former home, Karen. I'll continue to pray about it.

Ivy Green said...

How disappointing after you had accepted their offer. Have you thought about turning it into a vacation rental since you live in a resort community. My brother has done that and is making a mint.

Ruta M. said...

Sorry to hear your buyers pulled out. I'm sure the right people will turn up eventually. We're still waiting too.

Debby Ray said...

So sorry to hear the news about the house but I appreciate your attitude. The right person still just hasn't seen it yet!

Lowcarb team member said...

So sorry that the house sale fell through...

On a positive note I'm sure Ken's pizza was enjoyed by you both :)

All the best Jan

John's Island said...

Sorry to hear about no sale. Hope another buyer will show up soon. Sure agree with you about walk weather ... sounds perfect to me too. Enjoyed all your photos. Thank you for kind words on my blog.

William Kendall said...

I'm sorry about the sale not coming through.

Lisa said...

Oh no. Sorry the sale fell through. Don’t worry, There is a family waiting to find this home. It will all come together in Gods time.
Lisa

Adam said...

It won't be 52 for a long time here.

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

I hope you could solve the problem with your house's sale as soon as possible.

Vee said...

Glad that you are keeping that disappointing news in stride. Praying...

ellen b. said...

Sorry to hear the house sale fell through. I can understand the disappointment. Hoping the right buyers come along soon.